X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical I.D. Bracelet Re. Fistula in arm

My mother has stage 4 kidney failure and recently had surgery in her right arm to create an arteriovenous fistula. I was advised that she should never have anything done on her right arm that would cut off circulation in that arm. For example, she should never have her blood pressure taken on that arm and she should never have a needle inserted into that arm to have blood drawn or to have an injection. I want to order a Medical I.D. bracelet and am looking for suggestions on how I should word the bracelet. What I've come up with is: Front of Bracelet (on 4 lines): Her name, "Kidney Failure," "Fistula in right arm." Back of bracelet: "Use left arm to take vitals that cut off circulation (BP) & for inserting needles in arm." That's about all the room there is on the bracelet. She already has another bracelet that shows the medications she's allergic to, medications she needs daily and an emergency contact phone #. Does anyone have any comments on the way I've worded the information to be included on her medical I.D. bracelet?
    Last edited by Lizzie1B; 09-01-2017, 02:52 PM. Reason: Editing to include Tags

Wow, guess I'll have to get one, and also include that I'm allergic to ragweed.......

Comment

My experience is that a lot of medical people aren't even going to glance at the bracelet. I have one that has a code number on it so all they would have to do is get on the computer on that website, put in that number and they would have my entire medical history. I have only had 1 person ask me about the bracelet and that was the anesthesiologist that was talking to my DAUGHTER before her surgery! On the front of mine it says "neck breather", my name and my blood type. I am a neck breather because 5 years ago I had to have a laryngectomy and now I only breathe through my neck. I think you did the best you could with your mom's bracelet--putting the pertinent information on the front. I sincerely wish you the best of luck with everything! Chris

Comment

I have one that has a code number on it so all they would have to do is get on the computer on that website, put in that number and they would have my entire medical history. Diamond Bar Retaining Walls

Comment

Working...
        X