Who's new to myDaVita?!

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi tmanalang - that makes sense! Adjusting to a new diet can be a challenge but myDaVita has a ton of helpful resources for you to get started. Have you tried the DaVita Diet Helper yet? It allows you to plan and track kidney-friendly meals that stay on top of your nutritional goals: http://bit.ly/1YihzIf. We also have free, downloadable kidney-friendly cookbooks! Take a look: http://bit.ly/1Xpg50t. Let me know if you have any questions and best of luck!

Comment

Hi, I on the 9th of June I found out my kidney function is 17%.
      My question is how do I find a new place to live, the nearest dialysis center is 180 miles away? Help me please.

Comment

Hi EasTon77, welcome to myDaVita! You can find a DaVita center in your neighborhood using our Find a Center tool here: https://www.davita.com/find-a-dialysis-center.

Comment

Hi Everyone. In November I found out that my left kidney was 5 times the size of a typical kidney. I was told I needed to have it removed and I did in December. Found out during surgery that I have XGP of the kidney. It's tough to explain, especially since there doesn't seem to be a ton of research on it. It's a rare, chronic inflammatory disorder of the kidney. I am 29, and I've read that this disorder usually happens to older men and women. I guess I am joining the forum to see if there is anyone else out there that knows about this disorder or has experienced it. Unfortuantely I have such anxiety that it will happen again. Obviously I am being irrational but can't help but stress a little bit about it. Any advice on diet would be extremely helpful! Hope everyone is doing well.

​Kate

Comment

Hi I am Alice Huggard and I have been with Davita going on three years in August. The main thing I would tell people is to do their treatment and to watch what they drink and eat.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here also. Although, I've been on this website from time to time to get ideas for recipes. I'm hoping to make some new friends from Massachusetts and to learn from other "old timers." I'm 65 years old. I live with my dog, my best friend, "Dixie." I just entered my Creatinine results into the "Stage Finder" and discovered that I am at stage 4. I'm scared at times. Other times I'm not. I have a lot of physical disabilities that prevent me from walking (I used to be a long distance hiker) so, I'm overweight with a BMI of 40. i just asked the "shopping list" to come up with a meal plan for me today! One egg and 2 slices of bacon (ok, that's a snack), 3 ounces of chicken for lunch and 3 ounces of snow peas, one gingersnap for a "snack." And, I could go on. I'll never be able to eat that tiny amount and stick to it! Is anyone else in this predicament? I'm also a semi-vegetarian, I only eat meat once in awhile. I don't like broccoli and alfalfa sprouts either. At this moment I feel doomed. Looking forward to hearing from people. I'm glad you're here.

Comment

Hi kennkait412, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you found myDaVita - it's a great place to connect with others who are also affected by kidney disease. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions with the tools here & have a great weekend!

Comment

Hi glassfern53 - welcome to the myDaVita forums! That's awesome that you've found recipes here already, do you have any favorites? It can definitely be a challenge to adjust to any kind of new diet. I'd recommend speaking with your local dietitian. They will be able to answer questions specific to your situation as everyone's needs are different. As you were asking, these forums are the perfect place to speak with others going through the same thing. It's important (and helpful!) to know that you're not alone. Let me know if you have any questions moving forward with myDaVita. Happy Friday!

Comment

The light on my dialysis machine stays yellow. It never turns green . I was told that the green light shows I have a good cleaning. However , someone at my dialysis center just told my mother when she tried to report a non functioning machine. that the green light has nothing to do with getting a good cleaning but only shows up to indicate the on off light. What is the truth? I believe my mother was told a lie.

Comment

I am very new, only being here for about a month. I'm very happy to have found this website and look forward to many conversations with everyone. I don't know how long it will take, but I have actually been losing weight after being on dialysis for over 2 months and I'm very happy about that also. I'm about 50 pounds overweight right now so if I continue losing, it's a win-win situation for me.

Comment

I have been on dialysis since April. I have been using the site, however, for more than a year. It has been a great source of information. I've gone from 230 pounds to 198 pounds by following the kidney friendly diet information. Thanks for helping with dietary problems.

Comment

Hi jacsan45 - I just wanted to welcome you to myDaVita! If you need any additional kidney diet help, the DaVita Diet Helper is a great tool: http://bit.ly/1YihzIf. It allows you to plan and track kidney-friendly meals that meet your nutritional goals, like potassium limits for example. Let me know if you have any questions and welcome again!

Kelsey

Comment

harryfutch - thank you for sharing! It's great to hear that you've been using the site for a year and are finding it to be helpful! Please let me know if you have any myDaVita questions in the future!

Comment

Hello,
                              I am frank (frkat006), I am new to dialysis. I started about 2 months ago. I am still not sure of all that DaVita has to offer. I am diabetic and have high blood pressure. I am not use to writing so please bear with me. I had a stroke due to diabetes being out of control. My kidneys failed after that. I am still looking at the different options, home dialysis and kidney transplant. I will keep reading the posts to see other peoples opinions to help me in my decisions. thank everyone for their sharing to help others like me.

Comment

frkat006 Hi, Frank - welcome to myDaVita! Have you attended a no-cost Kidney Smart class yet? It's a great place to learn more about the different treatment options if you're still looking for information and you can find one close to you here: http://bit.ly/1R9toum. Definitely feel free to browse these forums and connect with others as well! There are a lot of users here, all of who have been affected by kidney disease one way or another. Please let me know if you have any questions with myDaVita moving forward. Have a great afternoon!

Your community manager,
                                Kelsey

Comment