Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need all your prayers!

Yes, Angie and I am on KK as well.

I even feel that I am loosing friends. I don't know what's worse... people not having sympathy with my disease or those that are so worried about me that it scares me.

At work I was upset that they did not even phone me while I was off work for the 7 weeks but now they have taken everything that I have worked for the last 20 years, away from me. He doesn't want to give me stuff to do and then I have to take time off for D and it gets taken away from me. EVERYTHING .... has been taken away from me in one day.My office, responsabilities, supervisory power and even my desk.

aaahhh.! I hate this disease so much. why?! why?!
    Please note: Any advice given is given from my own experience and not medical advice.

Comment

Hi Des, sorry you are losing friends, my Davita social worker said that is very common, some people don't know what to say, so they just stay away. which is crazy, because now is when you really need them, rite? you might have a talk with your boss and explain that you are not an invalid.
      CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
      since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
      kidney function improved after 2 years
      presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
      diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

I can hear your frustration Des and feel for you. It is hard for people who do not understand and jump to their own conclusions.

*hugs*

Originally posted by Des View Post
        Yes, Angie and I am on KK as well.

I even feel that I am loosing friends. I don't know what's worse... people not having sympathy with my disease or those that are so worried about me that it scares me.

At work I was upset that they did not even phone me while I was off work for the 7 weeks but now they have taken everything that I have worked for the last 20 years, away from me. He doesn't want to give me stuff to do and then I have to take time off for D and it gets taken away from me. EVERYTHING .... has been taken away from me in one day.My office, responsabilities, supervisory power and even my desk.

aaahhh.! I hate this disease so much. why?! why?!
        Angie
        Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
        I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
        • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
        • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
        • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Sooo happy for you. Its probably the best to remove the enlarged diseased kidneys and it is a disappointment to have to undergo dialysis, Stone Masonry

Comment