Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need all your prayers!

A (not so close) friend is being tested on the 17 Jun to see if we are a match.
    I do not want to be optimistic .. but I just can't help it.

She is in very good health. Not overweight. Has had all her kids. AND the same blood group as I am.

I really wish that this is it.

IF she is a match I do not have to start dialysis but have a transplant (I hope) I have to loose 9kg. Here in SA it takes about 9 months to a year to arrange a non-relative transplant.

PEOPLE this is so exciting..... I just hope that she is a match.

I will keep you posted.
    Please note: Any advice given is given from my own experience and not medical advice.

Re: I need all your prayers!

The very best of luck to you, Des. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you too.

Comment

Good Luck, Des - I really hope she is a match. I will be sending good thoughts your way. Let us know what happens.

Comment

Hi Des what great news i will say a prayer for you as well as thinking of you , good things come to those who wait lol jenaveve .

Comment

Thats great Des, if GOD permits and thinks its the right time he will let it happen.

Originally posted by Des View Post
          A (not so close) friend is being tested on the 17 Jun to see if we are a match.
          I do not want to be optimistic .. but I just can't help it.

She is in very good health. Not overweight. Has had all her kids. AND the same blood group as I am.

I really wish that this is it.

IF she is a match I do not have to start dialysis but have a transplant (I hope) I have to loose 9kg. Here in SA it takes about 9 months to a year to arrange a non-relative transplant.

PEOPLE this is so exciting..... I just hope that she is a match.

I will keep you posted.
          My Blog Site
          Http://www.dailyhemo.org
          sigpic

Comment

Des, I will certainly be praying for you. I hope this all works out and you get the transplant.
            ~ddarling~

Comment

Des, I pray everything works out for you. Please keep us posted as to how things are going.

Comment

Just wanted to let you know, Des, that the two of you are in my prayers. May the best occur for all involved. God bless.

Comment

That's great news Des. I hope everything works out for you. We will all be thinking and praying for you. Please let us know what you find out.

Comment

Woweeeee! That is great and very exciting!!! I'll be thinking of you. That is tomorrow. Hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long to find out. Oh boy, I hope she is a match. And what an incentive to lose the weight! I know you will find it very easy to do when a transplant is dangled in front of you!!! Please let us know.

Comment

Best of luck Des - I too will pray that she is a match Nel

Comment

good luck des

Comment

Thanks everyone for your well wishes! It's SO exciting.
                          We both went to the transplant team's offices this morning and a few tubes of blood was taken from both of us.

Belinda (the transplant coordinator) was very helpfull and she gave my prospective donor some information.

NOW! we wait for 24 hours to see if she is a match and
                          THEN! she has to have more tests done to see if she is healthy enough to donate a kidney.

So many things can go wrong.... I have to remind myself constantly.

I really hope that she is a match.

to be continued ......
                          Please note: Any advice given is given from my own experience and not medical advice.

Comment

Des,

I join all the rest in sending you my thoughts and prayers that this is the time. A transplant is well worth the wait!
                            "Within every adversity lies a slumbering possibility"
                            Linda
                            Tx: 7/28/2005
                            St. Louis University Hospital

Comment

I'm praying for a good report, Des!
                              My Writings

Comment