X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hello, I have just joined because I just knew there had to be other folks out there that are walking the walk and could help me walk mine. I just had graft put in and it didn't work so that had to put a stent in it. It seems to be working now. My question is I have been itching like crazy since then and have a red faint rash over my breast and abdomen. Wanted to know if anyone thinks I could be allergic to graft. I am having left kidney removed this friday, so any speedy answers would be appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by dhaddis View Post
    Hello, I have just joined because I just knew there had to be other folks out there that are walking the walk and could help me walk mine. I just had graft put in and it didn't work so that had to put a stent in it. It seems to be working now. My question is I have been itching like crazy since then and have a red faint rash over my breast and abdomen. Wanted to know if anyone thinks I could be allergic to graft. I am having left kidney removed this friday, so any speedy answers would be appreciated. Thanks
    dhaddis,

Have you reported this to your clinic? This is not normal. When did you start to notice the rash? Have you been put on any medication since receiving the graft?
    I would call ASAP and let them know.

///M3Riddler
    NxStage - Since April - 06
    Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

I developed a fierce skin rash on arm tops, high chest, and back. When this happened 4 yrs ago, antihistamines (benadryl) helped. This time no- but some relief from antihisamine spray on skin. Dermatologist put me on prednisone, and 2 fancy prescription meds-much better. But he said in all the renal failure itching he had treated, nobody else had the very rough surface damage. He thought it was a new med-but there are none. I am stage5 for yrs, gfr 10%, not now on dialysis, going for 3rd fistula reaming in 14 months next week-will plant a stent this time. Declined my first cadaver kidney Sun-was not prepared and had no clue I had reached the top of the list. Now anticipating next call 24/7. Had diabetes until renal failure shed 75 lbs+-. Hi blood pressure most of my life-but one nephrologist recommended keeping it a bit high-140+. Trying to learn all I can b4 the call comes. But quite nervous about the whole enchilada. But 6 weeks on dialysis 2 yrs ago convinced me of the need to do anything to avoid that prison.

Comment

How is your BUN and Uric Acid level? Are you limited water intake as well?

Comment

Working...
        X