X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic diarrhea

I have been dealing with chronic diarrhea for months. My nephrologist says it is unrelated to my kidney disease (function is between 13 and 16%. I do not have nausea. My tests for pre-transplant showed nothing - including a colonoscopy. I was just wondering if anyone else deals with this. Does not seem to be related to what I eat.

Thank you for response. I am not yet on dialysis and take very little medicine. I am really confused about it. Like I said my doctor just blows it off...I guess because I'm not losing weight, but this is ridiculous. Without trying to sound gross, it can be just like total soupy green. ( I guess that does sound gross) I haven't taken Imodium, but I guess I might try it. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Broshie View Post
      I have been dealing with chronic diarrhea for months. My nephrologist says it is unrelated to my kidney disease (function is between 13 and 16%. I do not have nausea. My tests for pre-transplant showed nothing - including a colonoscopy. I was just wondering if anyone else deals with this. Does not seem to be related to what I eat.

Is it possible you have something called C-Diff? This is a nasty thing to have. IF it started while you were in the hosptial, then its a high possibility. You may want to be tested for this in order to get on the appropriate antibiotics. It can take a long time to get rid of this bacteria.
      NxStage - Since April - 06
      Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

Hi my name is Sharon, I am caretaker for ex husband who has been on Dialysis for 3 yrs & has severe Diarrhea also, they have run tests also on his stools & NO one has answers, he also has to take Imodium on reg basis & even then he still has accidents & that stuff is expensive , they also try to blame his diarrhea on Diabetis , I think it's from his Meds or just part of Kidney Failure, wish some one had answers, eggravated that these Docs now days have NO answers.

Comment

Diarrhea can be caused by issues beyond Chronic Kidney Disease specifically. Examples include a liquid or food intolerance, stress, anxiety, use of laxatives or poor Dialysis Cleaning. For patients with Chronic Kidney Disease, applesauce may help slow down the bowel.
          Virgx Plus side effectsDemolizer

Comment

Chronic diarrhea is sometimes caused by an underlying medical condition. You might want to see a doctor if your diarrhea doesn't soothe out on the home remedies.

Comment

Thank you for letting us know! this is very helpful! beauty tutorials

Comment

Chronic diarrhea honestly has a lot to do with the food you eat. I know you mentioned it doesn't seem to be the case, but I suggest double-checking with a dietician and seeing if a different meal routine can help. Anyway, wish you well and hope you find a solution!
                Health Insurance

Comment

Working...
                X