X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatigue

Sometimes when I go up our stairs( 14 steps), or go walking..my legs can feel like I have ran a marathon...can borderline stage 4 cause this,? I have been watching my diet.

I’m very new to having kidney failure.....stage 4. Any hints on diet would be very helpful.

Comment

Sounds like your potassium level is extremely elevated. Call your doctor, a highly elevated K level will cause a heart attack.

Comment

I think that this is a cause of concern even considering that kidney disease already causes fatigue. You should check with your doctor and see what they have to say about this. They might run some tests and you'll solve the problem for good without the guesswork. Otherwise, there are some general things you can do to maybe help your fatigue situation. First, make sure that you're getting an adequate amount of protein. A lot of people just don't eat any protein at all and that can be dangerous to your health and cause fatigue too. You don't have to eat red meat or steaks and stuff, eat good protein like lentils and red beans. You can also try supplementing protein. I take amino acid supplements and they definitely help with fatigue (this website has some info about amino acid supplements. But before you supplement or anything, please talk to your doctor they'll guide you best.

Comment