Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stumpr54
    replied
    You are uninsurable with ESRD, e.g. no company will insure you with a new policy.

I became "uninsurable" with a 2002 diagnosis of PKD and did not reach ESRD with chronic dialysis until 2012. Fortunately, I had started a portfolio of Whole Life Insurance policies in 1974 that concluded with the conversion of a Term Policy to Whole Life in 2002 (a total of 9 Whole Life policies) just before my PKD diagnosis.

Thanks to continuing to use annual policy dividends and premiums to purchase additional policy Death Benefit and Cash Value, the combined death benefit of the 9 policies has increased by 84% over the past 20 years since I became "uninsurable".

The situation for the uninsured ESRD or Kidney Disease sufferer is little different in the realm of Medicare Supplement insurers. You can purchase a policy during your age based Medicare enrollment period. Any time after that, Supplement insurers will exclude you for underwriting restrictions, unwilling to pay for the cost of dialysis and the associated frequent hospitalizations.

Leave a comment:

• dac0214
    replied
    Really????

Leave a comment:

• EPROCTOR
    started a topic life insurance

life insurance

Does anyone know of any companies that will sell life insurance to individuals with End Stage Renal Disease at reasonable rates?