X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloriaw View Post
    I am new to PD and I am struggling with the supplies. I live in a mobile home so don't have unlimited space. I have a walk-in closet that I use for the boxes of fluid. I have some heavy-duty shelves in the bedroom itself for the smaller boxes of supplies. One thing I did invest in is a platform bed that is 14 inches off the floor so I can store extra supplies under the bed. I have 2 rolling bins that I keep the cassettes in under the bed. I also get my supplies every 2 weeks. The thing I am finding challenging is the boxes of solutions are too heavy for me to move around easily. I live alone and don't have help doing this. The delivery people are good about putting the boxes where I want them but they do need to be rearranged as I go along. No one tells you how heavy this stuff is when you start out!

Gloriaw - I have been using my rollator/walker to move the bags. My roommate suggested getting a beach cart/wagon to haul them in so am going to try that. I live in a manufactured home and have my delivery put in the Florida room. My nurse said it could be on the screened porch or shed also, as long as it could not get wet from rain. I agree the bags are heavy and I use a container for the drain which is heavy to lug with 8000cc in it...I have better muscles now than if I went to the gym...lol

Comment

Working...
    X