Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on PD catherter surgery

Hello Everyone,
    Surgery went well.was quite painful afterward.A pain pill fixed that, then only painful when moving certain ways, such as getting out of bed or bending. Today I feel pretty good. Was a lot easier to get out of bed. Have only taken one pain pill so far. Actually it feels a lot better than my surgery for my graft did the next day. Hope things continue to go good. Will update later.

Re: update on PD catherter surgery

So glad it went well, Denise!! I'm sure you are glad to have that behind you. Keep us posted on how you are doing!
    Cindy
    Caregiver (CG) to diabetic husband with cirrhosis and ESRD, on PD with cycler since October 2010.
    Update: Hubby received liver/kidney transplant in June 2011! We are blessed.

Comment

Denise1040, thanks for the update! good to know that you're doing well. hang in there.
      CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
      since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
      kidney function improved after 2 years
      presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
      diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Originally posted by patty0805 View Post
        Denise1040, thanks for the update! good to know that you're doing well. hang in there.
        i'm glad your surgery went well, and you are on your way to being yourself again. Hang in there girl, it will soon get better. PD has been very good to me, i am now towards the end of completion of my 10th year, and i don't regret transitioning from Hemo to PD, because Hemo wasn't very friendy to me, i had so many issues with my graft or shall i say grafts (four in all), throughout my ten years of hemodialysis. Hit me up anytime, if you have any concerns or questions about PD, i would be happy to share my experience and knowledge with you.
        take care and good luck on your PD journey, Denise, (lol)
        Glo

Comment

Happpy to hear your doing well, keep us updated and ask any questions. On PD since Feb. 2010.
          [I]Learning to dance in the rain....

Peritoneal dialysis 1 yr.
          GFR 12
          On Transplant list 2 yrs.
          On hold now for 6 mths. due to heart problem corrected with stents.

Comment