X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mskeakei
    replied
    Hello -
    We just had a home inspection this month (June 2022). The PD nurse first asked where my husband planned to do dialysis treatments in the home. We are choosing the Master Bedroom (I'm sure like the majority of others). She looked inside our bathroom and asked where we planned to drain the line (toilet, sink or bathtub) We are undecided right now but she recommended the bathtub. She also wanted to view the sink where we would wash our hands.

She then asked where were we planning to keep the supplies? We have a spare room and showed her a fairly small closet that's typically in childrens/guest rooms (not a walk in), she stated that should be sufficient. Prior to her visit we removed the clothing bars to allow room to stack boxes as needed.

After viewing the closet, she went down a checklist of questions (all of them I cannot remember) but essentially she asked if we had working smoke detectors in every room, if we had a fire extinguisher (we do not), informed us to be sure to sanitize our shower heads at least bi-weekly, and asked how frequently we changed our air filters.

I hope this helps someone.

Our Story Summary: My husband has been doing in center hemo since end of Dec 2021
    Found out he had CKD while in the hospital this past Dec and was informed he needed to start dialysis
    They said it was AKI (Acute Kidney Injury) first but after 3 months they informed it is considered ESRD
    Transitioning to PD, going into training next week.
    Good luck and God Bless you to everyone in this journey!

Leave a comment:

• FaithSa
    replied
    Hello, https://www.google.com/maps/place/DC+Drywall+Contractor+Pros/@38.9230868,-77.0002967,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x2e3a9bbb3d478cf9!8m2 !3d38.9230868!4d-76.998108
    Did they do an inspection already?
    Last edited by FaithSa; 03-04-2022, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• can someone help i about get home inspection to see if it good for PD

i need to know what they looking for when they do inspection on they house u doing PD plz help asp thank you guys