X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Remedy's for Horrible Cramps

Hi, I've been on PD for a year and a half and have horrible cramps in my calves and feet mostly throughout the night that prevent me from getting much rest. I also get the cramps in my hands calves and feet throughout the daytime hours as well. Dry weight stable, electrolyte levels are stable, no changes in dialysate fluid. I am on a magnesium supplement. Does anyone have any tips of any home remedies, medications, prescription medications, ointments, foods, drinks, anything that helps with these cramps?

Has vitamin E 400iu supplements helped?
    has L-carnitine helped?
    has anyone tried cbd oil with any relief?

Thanks,

Bill

Hello Bill! I've been on Home Hemodialysis for almost 4 1/2 years and experience severe muscle cramps in my toes, feet, calves and thighs sometimes - especially if I'm under my dry weight. I've had cramps so severe that I've had to stop a treatment early. I didn't see that anyone replied to you. Hopefully you received some recommendations offline. If not, here a couple that I've tried. Have you heard of Theraworx products? Go to www.theraworx.com to find out about them. The active ingredient is Magnesium Sulfate. I buy Theraworx at Walgreens. It's better to apply it before you treat to cut down on cramps but it can be applied when cramps first start. Also, my doctor recommends drinking small amounts of broth. A physical therapist I know has also recommends 1 - 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard. I've tried both and they work. Check with your doctor before using the broth or mustard. Usage will depend on your lab values and diet. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X