Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't want to be negative but....

I've been on dialysis for 3 years and my particular Davita(Miami C)haven't been a good experience. I saw 3 near like physical altercations since I been there. Its loud and unruly.Cant rest or sleep. Wednesday there was a dispute with a tech and patient. The tech is a woman, patient a man,Vernell. He called her the B word and threatened to punch her in the face. The director,Marian,enabled his behavior and joked telling the tech involved that he was her,"favorite " patient. Me and a lot of the patients were appalled. Also,this particular patient have cursed out the Nurse Practitioner in the same manner. Why is this tolerated.Will be transferring
    Last edited by Talia77; 10-21-2021, 07:13 PM.

I am having a horrible experience at my clinic. My clinic was the star training clinic and for 5 years i had nurses and techs who cared. The new clinic the last 2.5 years has made my experience horrible. Recently they changed our dialysis times out out of the blue citing they are short staff, the time is suppose to help us but instead i have uncaring nurses and techs that put me on late and i leave late. i have complained, to the ESRD, social worker, and clinical coordinator several times and we dont have a F.A. for months now but no on is advocating for me. Today i was disrespected on so may levels. I asked if i could come in 10 minutes earlier because the new time is making me late and i was told people don't want to come early because people have kids and the door is not always going to be open perfectly on time every time. I have been on dialysis for 8 years i have never had the social worker, clinical coordinator gang up on me and talk down on me like they did, i cried in front of them and told them i felt alone and they sarcastically said well what do you want us to do to make you feel happy, completely ignoring i have been late to my job and they refuse to give me corporates number and i cant find it anywhere online. I called Guest services and she could not care less about my complaint. $10,000 a session and this is our treatment? They do things with no compassion for us. Many hate the schedule but when you speak up they belittle you like they did me today. its a horrible feeling knowing no one cares about you/ They have proven they dont care about us at all and they are uncompromising. i have anxiety, and stress out because i dont know if i will have good care or get to work on time, but they dont care because they get paid regardless. and i have talked to everyone no one seems to care about us dialysis patients . the clinic opened up for 7 years at 5am but the nurses come in late every single day yet they change the time to suit their needs yet they never asked us anything. Its shameful Davita is ran like this. How we are treated goes unnoticed by the state and this has been happening BFEORE covid because the LIE is we are understaff due to covid. its always been understaffed there the [problem is the staff before didnt let the understaff affect us, now this current staff cares less. God help us.

Comment

Originally posted by Talia77 View Post
      I've been on dialysis for 3 years and my particular Davita(Miami C)haven't been a good experience. I saw 3 near like physical altercations since I been there. Its loud and unruly.Cant rest or sleep. Wednesday there was a dispute with a tech and patient. The tech is a woman, patient a man,Vernell. He called her the B word and threatened to punch her in the face. The director,Marian,enabled his behavior and joked telling the tech involved that he was her,"favorite " patient. Me and a lot of the patients were appalled. Also,this particular patient have cursed out the Nurse Practitioner in the same manner. Why is this tolerated.Will be transferring friday night funkin
      Had an awful experience with a dialysis nurse today. My father was the last patient in the unit. The nurse wanted to go home so she was rushing everything to end the therapy. She skipped the step of flushing the patient lines and went straight to disconnect my dad. That left the patient lines full of blood. She and her colleagues tried to cover that up by dumping the whole set of blood tubing into the trash, right after my dad found out.

Besides skipping the procedure, she also miscalculated the amount of fluids that needed to take out from my dad. My dad was ended up taken more than he could tolerate. (1kg difference).

I can’t imagine how many times she has done to other patients. It’s been a hard time for everybody and I just hope she could do her job properly.

Comment