X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itching

Praise the Lord! He led me to a solution for my itching. Try smearing your body with Vaseline. Yes, that inexpensive remedy for diaper rash. It works for me. For months I suffered sleepless nights due to itching all over my body & especially on my back. I prayed. I tried everything I or anyone around me could think of. My phosphorous was within limits. My nephrologist prescribed anti histimines & steroid cremes. He sent me to a dermatologist who suggested Sarna & CereV cremes. I used cooler water for my shower. I began taking Melatonin to make me sleepy. All of these things helped some, but all were temporary & largely ineffective. I often had to wake my wife in the middle of the night to re-apply the cremes to my back. Being 80 years of age, I began to despair of ever having a good night of sleep. Then my nephew suggested the Vaseline. Walla! Problem solved! There was some residual itching on my arms & legs, but this was easily taken care off with a little Calamine lotion. As time goes on, there is less & less need for the Calamine.
    Last edited by JerryCollins; 12-31-2020, 03:11 AM. Reason: Just apply the Vaseline every evening after your shower & before going to bed.
Working...
X