Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialysis in Tucson?

Hi, I am on hemo dialysis and I'm researching a possible relocation to the Tucson AZ area. One major question I have is how do dialysis patients there cope with the high heat - low humidity desert climate ?

Re: Dialysis in Tucson?

Originally posted by ottoman View Post
    Hi, I am on hemo dialysis and I'm researching a possible relocation to the Tucson AZ area. One major question I have is how do dialysis patients there cope with the high heat - low humidity desert climate ?
    No idea but welcome to DaVita forums
    Angie
    Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
    I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
    • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
    • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
    • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Originally posted by ottoman View Post
      I have been to Phoenix on a visit, and I have a cousin there, that deals with this, but she didn't say that the hot heat is the issue, it is the sand storms, that she has a problem with, as far as the heat goes, air conditioning is mandatory. In my opinion, I don't think I could live there, because I have my issue in the summer with the bay area heat where I reside. Why don't you check with a social worker there at a unit, or maybe the Arizona Kidney Foundation, and they should be able to direct you to the right people to discuss this with. www.ArizonaKidneyFoundation.com

I hope this helps. Let me know how it works out for you.

Glo

Comment

Stay inside in AC.
        If doing home dialysis no heater needed. Avoid overheating and continue to watch fluid intake. If sweating a lot increase fluid a very small amount but mostly just stay inside.

Comment

Humidity, hot climate or weather is not an issue because it is not concerned with the temperatures. There are various foundations for Dialysis which have improve a lot in a treatment. Dialysis patients may need a proper diet guidelines that differ from any other group of people.
          Mistakes are the portals of discovery

Comment

First off, as you've probably heard already. It is a dry heat (LOL). I live in Tucson Arizona on the northwest side. We do have our hot spells as well as our monsoon season, which is quite interesting and seems like it well rain every afternoon at the same time. There is a lot to see and do here in Tucson. That will keep you busy. I live on the northwest side of town, and there are two DaVita treatment centers. Within 10 miles of my house. I currently am not undergoing dialysis. I will be in the near future. My GFR is at 16, and I am told, when I hit 15. I will start dialysis. I am currently interviewing a different centers for treatment. In preparation of my upcoming dialysis.

Comment

Hi Ottoman, I think your biggest question should be, how will I adjust to the high crime area?
              CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
              since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
              kidney function improved after 2 years
              presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
              diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

nice article and thanks for sharing this info with us. i would like to share some more information regarding nursing.
                For more information, please visit:
                buy injectable steroids

Comment

Dialysis in Tucson?

hey

it really bad to know that you are suffering from dialysis but i think hot heat is not so much a big issue but dnt take over heating it will be bad for you. i suggest you that take the doctor advice i wish you'll be good soon.

Locksmith Tucson AZ

Comment