Today was my first day of dialysis...

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today was my first day of dialysis...

Hi Swagerr, 2 liters, hmmm, are you "normal " size? I'm 5ft tall and they filled me up with 2 liters also, I felt stuffed. I complained but they said that was "standard". I did not like that answer. I chose to drop down to 1,500 cc's , the neph wasn't happy about it but he wasn't carrying the weight around either. it works for me . check with your PD nurse if changes need to be made if you continue to feel umcomfortable. One size does NOT fit all.
    CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
    since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
    kidney function improved after 2 years
    presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
    diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Welcome to Davita, Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Originally posted by patty0805 View Post
        Hi Swagerr, 2 liters, hmmm, are you "normal " size? I'm 5ft tall and they filled me up with 2 liters also, I felt stuffed. I complained but they said that was "standard". I did not like that answer. I chose to drop down to 1,500 cc's , the neph wasn't happy about it but he wasn't carrying the weight around either. it works for me . check with your PD nurse if changes need to be made if you continue to feel umcomfortable. One size does NOT fit all.
        Hi Patty,

when I first started PD I used 1500. Within a month my nurses decided to try 2000. I'm only 4'11" I have no problem with 2000 at all.
        Only time I feel any discomfort is when I use 4.25% ( "red" top ) solution. But only at the beginning. I asked my nurse about this, she said it's due to the fact the 4.25% pulls water at such fast rate. Luckily I hardly ever use "red" solution.

How is your KT/v ?? are you getting adequate dialysis? do you need to do an extra exchange to make up for the difference?

Take care
        I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

oh god...its really painful...but by the grace of god u r strong enough..wish u all the best:-)
          Kidney Disease Treatment

Comment

Thanks for sharing , I as well taking PD training and is going good,the first time I got the 2 litters was ready to blowed out my abdomen, I felt very uncomfortable,the follwing date I took in 1800 mls , less than the 2 lts and felt better, my nursse told me s I keep doing it I will be feeling less presure, I feel better knowing I am not alone.

Blessing to ALL
            Sapphire

Comment