Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hi,

I am about to be scheduled for hemodialysis for the first tine and if you can answer some questions for me. I am a mom, with an elementary child, and a husband who needs to work.
    If my husband takes off time, would they allow him to be next to me during dialysis? I am too scared as is, but if they dont let him in, then I rather go alone.
    Would I be able to drive myself to and from dialysis? Would I get too tired to drive home?
    If you can help give me an idea of what to expect, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    ZoesMom

Hi - When I first started dialysis I had someone drive me because I wasn't sure how I would feel after. I am in dialysis because I have multiple myeloma which damaged my kidneys. During the first few months of dialysis I did have someone drive me because I was tired due to the chemo treatments not the dialysis. Not that I am off chemo I do drive myself to and from dialysis. It's really a personal choice. Due to COVID no visitors are allowed to come in with patients. I know being on dialysis is scary but everyone that works at DaVita is so nice and will help you out when you first start. Most days I try to take a nap then I watch a little T.V. to pass the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2020 View Post
      Hi - When I first started dialysis I had someone drive me because I wasn't sure how I would feel after. I am in dialysis because I have multiple myeloma which damaged my kidneys. During the first few months of dialysis I did have someone drive me because I was tired due to the chemo treatments not the dialysis. Not that I am off chemo I do drive myself to and from dialysis. It's really a personal choice. Due to COVID no visitors are allowed to come in with patients. I know being on dialysis is scary but everyone that works at DaVita is so nice and will help you out when you first start. Most days I try to take a nap on mattress toppers for side sleepers then I watch a little T.V. to pass the time.
      This is very bad for the patient. And the thing is you can't do anything except care.
      If you're wondering what is the best mattress topper for side sleepers, then look no further we have compiled a list of the most comfy, cool, breathable, supportive, and overall the best mattress topper for side sleepers on the market right now

Comment

Hopefully your hemodialysis process went well if there could be any updates towards this issue. Im a bit curious in dialysis, but am too little bit scared.

Anna | Company Service: feng shui bedroom

Comment