Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating?

So, how does someone go about dating? How do you tell someone that you are going through this? And what if they date you from pure pity?

I have often wondered about that. Of course everyone is different when it comes to what they are looking for. But I think as a general rule most people wouldn't someone off their list solely because they are on dialysis. I think if someone really likes your qualities they will date you.

Comment

It is a tough one. I had for a while considered not putting myself out there for dating because of dialysis. I thought, who would want to date me when I have all these issues and that I can't just do whatever whenever and days when I don't feel good and don't feel like doing anything. But then I thought, why should I deny myself the possibility of a relationship. I put myself back out there. It was rough going at first because the people I was meeting, I was upfront with them about my dialysis, but they didn't understand what all it entailed and how it effected me and didn't want to learn about it. Needless to say, those didn't work out. Then I met someone, who at first I didn't say anything about dialysis to. One day he texted me and asked what I was doing (I was at my dialysis treatment at the time), so I told him about my dialysis. He asked me which clinic I was at and then told me his mom worked there and who she was. It was a pretty good thing because he was already somewhat familiar with dialysis because of her working there and it helped him understand more of what I deal with because she was able to give him a lot more information. Almost 3 years later, we are still together. You never know who you might meet out in the world. Yes, you'll get those who don't understand and don't want to, but if someone likes you enough, they will put in the effort to get a better understanding of what dialysis all entails. Put yourself out there and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Comment

We all are more than just the condition we have. No one is perfect. Don't let this define you. I am sure you have many attributes that would make you great company. Let the best of you shine through. Be open and respectful to others and don't be afraid to make new friends. If someone does not want to date you because of this they not you have the problem and they are not worth it.

Comment

I was happy to find this thread. I've been thinking about getting back out there for a while. I'm doing PD now, but started on hemo. I've always been open about my condition and willing to answer any questions (and my friends and family have had a lot) . Everyone tells me to just be upfront about it and that I worry about it too much. LOL! I intend to be completely honest about my condition. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it. It's just part of my life. I believe there's someone out there for everyone. So, here's my question. Have any of you used dating websites (Match, eHarmony, etc.) and are there any specific to us?

Comment

So since my last post, I am back on the singles market as of a couple months ago. It is a little tougher, but still doable with the dating scene. Being on PD helps a lot because you have more free time. Its tough anyways to meet people and I have gone to the dating websites, specifically Match and POF (I haven't found anything specific to us). I have had a few dates and generally don't say anything about my condition right off. It's not being embarrassed by it, but it's more not wanting to go into it if I'm not liking the guy or thinking this may not have a potential for further dates. It's more like a 2nd date type of conversation lol. So far it's been going good in the dating scene and I'm enjoying my time. It's just not being afraid to put yourself out there and know that if you tell someone about your condition and that stops them from wanting to date you, then they just weren't worth it. Good luck to those single who want to date and find that special someone!

Comment

It's very difficult for me to ask someone out because I'm quite shy.

Comment

Dude, come on? Are you serious? Forget about the fact that you are shy and just register on a dating site in order not to be afraid and communicate. For example, I used to be afraid too, but now thanks to hookup Brisbane, I started getting acquainted very quickly and looking for girls for one night.

Comment

It is becoming increasingly difficult to find a female who will love you not for your money, but for your humanity. This is exactly the issue I ran across two years ago. Then I heard about mail order brides and thought it would be a great way to meet a female. I approached these individuals for assistance with this purpose in mind. I met a lovely and compassionate girl, with whom I am currently communicating and planning to create a life together. Everyone should pay attention to these men, in my opinion.

Comment