Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIPRO (Ciprofloxacin)

When CIPRO Tablets and CIPRO Oral Suspension is prescribed to treat a bacterial infection, patients should be told that although it is common to feel better early in the course of therapy, the medication should be taken exactly as directed. Skipping doses or not completing the full course of therapy may (1) decrease the effectiveness of the immediate treatment and (2) increase the likelihood that bacteria will develop resistance and will not be treatable by CIPRO Tablets and CIPRO Oral Suspension or other antibacterial drugs in the future.

• Ciprofloxacin may be taken two hours before or six hours after taking magnesium/aluminum antacids, or with other products containing calcium, iron or zinc.

• Ciprofloxacin should not be taken with dairy products (like milk or yogurt) or calcium-fortified juices alone since absorption of ciprofloxacin may be significantly reduced; however, ciprofloxacin may be taken with a meal that contains these products.

• Ciprofloxacin may cause dizziness and lightheadedness; therefore, patients should know how they react to this drug before they operate an automobile or machinery or engage in activities requiring mental alertness or coordination.

• There is a possibility of caffeine accumulation when products containing caffeine are consumed while taking Ciprofloxacin.

• The risk of severe tendon disorder with Cipro is higher in older patients usually over 60 years of age, in patients taking corticosteroid drugs, and in patients with kidney, heart or lung transplants.
      Contact your healthcare provider if you experience pain, swelling, or inflammation of a tendon, or weakness or inability to use one of their joints; rest and refrain from exercise.
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

I just recently got prescribed this, side effects tore up my arm/shoulder a few days after my last dose of the antibiotic (I only had 4 days worth), also it killed the good bacteria in my stomach giving me a rough couple of days and I'm still waiting on it to balance back out. I took a look around the FDA website because I heard there was a 'black box warning' about it. I think it would be wise to take a look if you are going to be taking this medicine I think its one of the worst medicines as far as side effects that are worse than whatever symptoms. http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/.../ucm126085.htm Here is the link to the FDA Post Market Drug Safety Information.

Comment

It is also important to realize the difference between a reaction to a medication and side effects from medications. If you are on dialysis, you should alays ask about dosing. Most dialysis patients receice a lower dose depending on their kidney function. Taking too much can cause some of the side effects you would not normally get.
      NxStage - Since April - 06
      Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

Clinical and Experimental Nephrology
        December 2012, Volume 16, Issue 6, pp 977-978
        Four consecutive cases of Achilles tendon disorders associated with levofloxacin treatment in hemodialysis patients

Comment

As our own best advocates, it is important to always do the research and remind our doctors and other care givers that special attention is needed for those with kidney problems. Finding a doctor you feel comfortable talking to is important as well, since most of your time will be spent working through issues with your kidneys and they will need to understand your feelings and take them into account.

Comment

When you are on dialysis you are completely on the next step to recover to your disease. So it is quite important to make aware your doctor of your disease and Medication taken before.Many patient stop following doctor’s guidelines when they are out of dialysis .It is better to be in touch of doctors and consulting from them.

Comment

The most favorite salt is the ciprox very effective for all the multiple diseases,therefore it is better for the doctor to make the possible schedule for their treatment those who suffer in any chronic disease respectively.So it is continuously treatment definitely give the better response in the regard.

Comment

I have no way to rate this medicine as so many things have happened since taking it. I was told to use Ciprofloxacin (mfg Cobalt) 2 per day with Metronidazole (mfg Watson) 3 per day, 500 mg's each, taken at different times of day, plus I daily use Sertraline. Almost immediately after the medications I began to have a black stool (not green). Totally terrified by this, went to ER, Blood tests revealed no blood in the stool. Hospital continued medication for three days (took them that long (1 day) to start it. Dr. said could be from taking tums, etc.. I do not take anything of that sort. Still have black stool even though no longer taking the antibiotics (4 days now). Keep hoping this will clear up and something more terrifing does not appear. Hope this helps all who read

Comment

I took a look around the FDA website because I heard there was a 'black box warning' about it. I think it would be wise to take a look if you are going to be taking this medicine I think its one of the worst medicines as far as side effects that are worse than whatever symptoms.

Comment