Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naisoantosb
    replied
    I've had to start looking at labels to see what the sodium content is before I'll buy it. It seems easier to me to cook from scratch now instead of using boxed itens or things out of jars. Truck Repair

Leave a comment:

• patty_lewis
    replied
    Re: diet in stage 3

Djr,

Well you found a great source of information and support here at Davita. I found this site and it has really helped my diet immensely!!! I finally got my protein in the good category, my potassium is low and I am on klor-con, my phosphorous is a little high but not too bad, my iron is low and I will be getting an infusion in a few weeks. I really do watch my salt intake and the diet plan that they have here is very helpful and at least gives you ideas where to start!!!

Just do your research, it is important to be an informed patient but don't just get to absorbed in all the overwhelming stuff. If you work on it pretty soon it won't seem so bad.....

Just hang in there!!!!

Patty

Leave a comment:

• nanbridg
    replied

I had to push my neph for a dietition sadly a diabetic one was the only one offered and she would talk with the DaVita nurse for advice unfortunately the DaVita nurse told me she could not help me and had no other information

Leave a comment:

• metrogirl
    replied

I'm finding an alarming trend of nephrologists not recommending a renal diet for their patients that are stage 3 and even some stage 4 patients.

Our nephrologist didn't really suggest a renal diet for Jesse either, I only pursued the issue because of everything I had read here. Once I told him I wanted a referral to the renal dietician, he was quick to give it to us and even commended us taking the right steps. Ummm yeah, you should have told us that first. LOL I can't complain about his neph though, he is amazing.

Your diet will really depend on your labs though. Do you know your numbers?

Leave a comment:

• Madi's Granny
    replied

I just found out in December 2010 that I have stage 3 CKD. All my Neph told about my diet was to watch my sodium intake. He told me to try to keep it under 2000 mg a day. I've had to start looking at labels to see what the sodium content is before I'll buy it. It seems easier to me to cook from scratch now instead of using boxed itens or things out of jars. This was I can control the sodium easier. Hope this helps some.

Leave a comment:

• TRB
    replied

I'm stage 3 and on a diet. When I was in the upper end of stage 3 they never said a word about it. Wish they had as I think one can help keep stable longer with proper nutrition. I would just not over do it on the bad foods and protein. of course watch the sodium intake. Kidneys have to work hard to remove it just like animal protein.

Leave a comment:

• djr
    started a topic diet in stage 3

diet in stage 3

I asked my Dr if I should be on a special diet and he said not yet.I am in stage 3, when do they put you on a diet?