X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support groups

Hi can anyone tell me how to find an support group face to face in Los angeles county. Thank you this would be for a patient who is still thinking about making the HD decision thanks.

Re: Support groups

You might try calling some of the dialysis centers and talking to their social workers. They are usually a wonderful source of information. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Rosey,

Transplant living has a list of support groups.

here's a link:

http://www.transplantliving.com/Comm...upListing.aspx
      I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Im starting dialisis soon and am really scared. i dont want to go on dialysis i have heard way to many scary stories.

Comment

I just called a social worker yesterday about support groups in the LA County. The ones that I was able to get were:

Kidney Bean Support Group
          Downy, CA
          (562)461-6669
          Karen Valles

Baldwin Park, CA
          (626)851-5426
          Gene Bonnett

Gardina, CA
          (310)808-9255
          Laraley

I hope this helps. I've also heard that Kaiser Permanente hosts different support groups (including the kidney bean group) and educational seminars.

-Mallery

Comment

I was just diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease 😔 😢 and can't find an online support group please does anyone know where I could join a support group?

Comment

Working...
            X