• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpet
    replied
    Re: Anxiety/Depression???

I'm bumping this - just to see if I get any comments on the 1st question -

How many take something for anxiety/depression & what if you don't mind saying.

Sorry how I rambled last night. I feel really bad about every other day. Yesterday was the bad day. Today is some better.

I hope I didn't scare everyone off from jumping from one thing to another. I just figured while here go on & say or ask whatever I needed to. I guess I should have put the turkey question under the proper nutrition area.

Leave a comment:

• jpet
    replied
    Re: Anxiety/Depression???

I forgot to add.....I have a new presc. For zoloft. Thinking I may need to take it. My heart pounds so at night when I go to bed & that's when I know my BP is up.

Does anyone here take this & if you do do you take it at night??

I've wondered about Cymbalta....says works for pain & depression.

Leave a comment:

• jpet
    started a topic Anxiety/Depression???

Anxiety/Depression???

May I ask if anyone here takes anything for anxiety/depression???
    If so what??

I have been on different type anxiety drugs for many yrs (started back yrs ago after my mother died). Tried different ones. I would feel better, then get off them.....then feel worse & get back on them,,,, the last drug I took was Effexor. I think it caused alot of weight gain & I have a problem in that area anyway. Last March almost a yr ago now I stopped it slowly...(it was awful getting off it) but I felt I had no emotions, could't cry when I should etc. I've actually made it FINE being off any type drug like this until close to the holidays & it hasn't left yet...

It's not just the holiday blues some people like me might get from lot's of loss of family, but all the pain in my body.

I hate to really come to you all so strong today but I'm at a loss what to do I have something wrong from my head to my feet & I just don't know what to see about first!!! I don't "feel" like going through alot of test.

I had rotator cuff surgery over a yr ago. I still can sleep on that right side for the pain. The dr. feels from the MRI he may need to do surgery again. I also have a tear in the left rotator cuff!! It hurts to sleep on the left too. I have to sleep on my back so I get little sleep.... I have a bad back & I couldn't do the therapy on my shoulder (rotator cuff) correctly because it hurt my thoracic upper back so....(that's why I didn't get over the surgery) & I see no need to have it again, He has given me steroid injections every 3 mos or longer if I can stand it for the pain but the tear is back.

I have pvc's, &pac''s & this high blood pressure every evening.... I "feel" these skips & when the pressure is high it gets scary. When the nurse practioner changed my beta blocker last wk. To Bystolic to help the skips & the BP, she first mentioned me wearing a monitor then said "oh I see you wore one a yr ago". So no need to ck. Me again??? But I wasn't having this continued BP like I am now either. I'm disgusted with Dr's.

I DO need to walk for my BP like Maria said & for my circulation but I have a " Morton's Neuroma" on my foot . I was scheldued for surgery but cancelled it when my BP started going crazy.

I have neuropathy pain, Pain all over, lots of fatigue. I've been diagnosed with MS. I walk fine. My main symptoms of MS are fatigue & memory problems.

Then the kidneys....diagnosed 2011 with CKD stage 3. I see the Neph. Again 1/10. To see how that is doing. I'm keeping a UTI infection off & on.

So, I have problems with what to cook & eat cause I don't feel like cooking.

Dumb question..... I like turkey meat. If I buy a turkey breast to cook, is that considered " processed meat" ??? I bought last wk...turkey processesd... 2ouces were 230 sodium but I figured I am only eating 1 slice at a time , half = 115....but with my high BP I better not eat that. That is the first time I've bought anything for me to eat that is processed...I just thought it was pretty low.

Thank you again for listening to me again today.
    Judy