Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virgenwitham
    replied
    It is a misunderstanding that patients with a chronic disease cannot be very active. Lance Armstrong changed all that. Many patients who enter dialysis programs have been chronically ill, as a result of diabetes or hypertension, and have concerns as to whether it is safe to increase exercise activity. concrete driveway contractor

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Re: Taning Bed on PD

Missy is right, if you plan TX option, then skip the tanning lamps.

While you might think that since you're not taking the immunosuppressants that your risk of cancer is alot lower, and it is, but post TX is another story.
    The cells don't forget, or can't fight previous sun exposure damage.

Stay as healthy as you can, it will pay off in the long run!!

Leave a comment:

• Misela
    replied

Parra,
    Check the stickers and package info. on any meds you take, also. As a transplant, several of mine say avoid sun/ sun lamps.
    If you intend to seek a transplant (I'm assuming you might because you are young), the antirejection drugs increase your risk of cancers, including skin cancer. My nurses and docs remind me often about the increased risk of cancer, and I have an upcoming dermatology appt. to get checked. Just my 2 cents...

Leave a comment:

• patty0805
    replied

Greetings Parra702, welcome to the forum! good question, I have no idea, but I"m sure someone will know. How's Vegas? my favorite place to visit
    not necessarily in the summer though.

Leave a comment:

• Parra702
    started a topic Taning Bed on PD

Taning Bed on PD

Hi there I am a 34 year old that is normally into being nice and tan I was wondering now that I am on PD, can I get into a taning bed?, or will this mess up my catheter? If someone could please let me know. I asked the doctor and she didn't know either so any help would be greatly appreciated,.