X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear a wrist band ID?

Do you wear some sort of wrist band ID showing you have kidney disease or in Kidney Failure in case you were in a accident??? Where might you get one?? I am Stage 3 - so not dialysis, but still there are drugs, contrast, sodium etc... That I do not need more of at this point since I am fairly close to stage 4.

Just wondering! Thanks!!

Re: Do you wear a wrist band ID?

I got mine from www.creativemedicalid.com. It was a little pricey, but prettier that most plain ID bracelets. You can get different types of beads, crystals, etc. The bracelets are interchangeable - you can hook a different bracelet (strand) to your id tag.. A friend of mine made several different bracelets for me so I can change to coordinate with different outfits.
    Diagnosed with PKD in 1992
    On transplant list since Dec. 2009
    Peritoneal dialysis since March 2010

Comment

I keep a medical card in my wallet by my drivers lic and insurance card.
      Create signature while not logged in, edited through forums.davita.com on 08/15/2012 @ 12:53!!!!!

Comment

I do the same. I keep a current health record in my wallet that includes prescriptions and Drs. phone numbers along with emergency numbers (who to call). This info is also in my cell phone.
        May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
        Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

Thanks for reminding me.......... I've been wearing a Medicalert bracelet http://www.medicalert.org For over 25yrs. I've been meaning to update it to one that says "transplant on immunosuppressants" But I've been putting it off or forgetting to do it. So today as soon as I post this, that's next on my " to do list"
          The one thing I like about Medicalert is that if you get sick or faint out in public, if 911 is called, paramedics are instructed to look for a bracelet, necklace or even a keychain for some type of medical instructions. Medicalert has a number they can call 24/7. It's crucial that you update your medical info or meds often, because that's the info the paramedics will have to work from in case you can't speak for yourself.
          I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

our dialyisis unit offer plastic wrist band and also warning cards where u have fistula on line.
            Audrey
            Kidney problems starrted 1980's when I had Saracoidosis
            Recenty started HD at my local renal u Init in Telford.Still having a few problems with my 2nd line.

Comment

I wear one that says transplant with the emergency # for my transplant clinic. I've asked a few EMT's and cops, and they all said they are trained to check for a bracelet or necklace.
              They can be picked up at any pharmacy.
              Diagnosed FSGS 1998
              Related Transplant 2004
              Unrelated Transplant 2009

Comment

I really wish the other post I made in this thread hadn't been directed to a mod, I had a good link for some neat medical bracelets.
                Boyfriend is the renal patient:

Diabetes completely controlled with diet
                Hypertension better with the new med schedule.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Finally got the call on 12/20/2011 that he has been listed at Cedars Sinai.

Comment

Yes I have one from Sticky Jewelry. Gives me peace of mind
                  Diabetic oct 2011
                  CKD Diagnosed 2009
                  GFR range 22-33 goes up and down

Comment

Originally posted by metrogirl View Post
                    I really wish the other post I made in this thread hadn't been directed to a mod, I had a good link for some neat medical bracelets.
                    can you repost the link for others to see?

I placed my order for a new bracelet and updated all my meds and new Drs .

My bracelet's engraving will be : kidney and pancreas TX, diabetes, No B/P no IV on left arm, no Dilaudid.

I feel peace of mind knowing it will arrive in 5-7 days.
                    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

I have to say the MedicAlert bracelet definately had brought me peace of mind...mine directs the ems/er etc. about my fistula, disease and factor 5, they also provided a sticker for my car window and wallet card...

Comment

i use care memory band. it is rubber band with a chip? that plugs into any computer. has a small software program that downloads and writes out a report of medical history - all meds, doctors, current labs, etc. Bought it at walgreens.
                        iga nephropathy. gfr 24-26.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                          can you repost the link for others to see?

I placed my order for a new bracelet and updated all my meds and new Drs .

My bracelet's engraving will be : kidney and pancreas TX, diabetes, No B/P no IV on left arm, no Dilaudid.

I feel peace of mind knowing it will arrive in 5-7 days.
                          I'm sorry Marina, I never saw your post asking for the link again.

Let's try once more and see what happens.

I like these bracelets because you can add as many medical charms as you need. If you click on medical charms, there are about 150 different ones to choose from. I think it is such a neat concept.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Diabetic-M...item2c5c4cccf0
                          Boyfriend is the renal patient:

Diabetes completely controlled with diet
                          Hypertension better with the new med schedule.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Finally got the call on 12/20/2011 that he has been listed at Cedars Sinai.

Comment

Working...
                          X