Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been here for awhile

Hello everyone. My name is LuAnn and I used to come here when I was first diagnosed with kidney disease in 2004. I was in stage 3 then. I think I'm in stage 4 now because of the results of some bloodwork that I had done when I had to go to the hospital for something unrelated to my kidneys. Could someone tell me if a GFR of 20 means I'm in stage 4 or not. I see my doctor in early March and will ask him then but I would like a heads up if I'm in stage 4. By the way, I love the new Davita website. I am learning so much from it. Thanks, LuAnn

Re: Haven't been here for awhile

Hi ,

If your GFR is 20, then you are surely at stage 4.I assume, you are under the guidance/ supervision of a nephrologist and a dietitian already, If not then make an appointment as soon as possible. He/ she can guide you from there.You can be in stage 4 for years if you take good care of yourself.

take care.

Poubis.
    My husband has CKD.Age 35, stage 3, diagnosed Oct 2010. HBP from 2006 Nov, which is under control with the help of medications.

Comment

Before you think it, JenJen76, no it might not take you 7 years before you get to stage 4!!
      Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
      *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
      High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
      ~Corrie ten Boom

Comment

Thanks for answering my post. I am under the care of a nephrologist and just recently saw the renal dietician. She gave me a packet of information that I am still going through. There is so much to learn about eating right. It will take awhile. LuAnn

Comment

lolol I am blessed!!!!!!
          ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

I have a whole list of questions for my neph. I learned a long time ago to write it down because i get to the office and forget some of my questions if i don't write it down. I also like to get my daughter or husband to go with me to be my second pair of ears. Thanks, LuAnn

Comment

Originally posted by LuAnnH13157 View Post
              Hello everyone. My name is LuAnn and I used to come here when I was first diagnosed with kidney disease in 2004. I was in stage 3 then. I think I'm in stage 4 now because of the results of some bloodwork that I had done when I had to go to the hospital for something unrelated to my kidneys. Could someone tell me if a GFR of 20 means I'm in stage 4 or not. I see my doctor in early March and will ask him then but I would like a heads up if I'm in stage 4. By the way, I love the new Davita website. I am learning so much from it. Thanks, LuAnn
              LuAnn,

I think it's great that you were able to hold on to your kidney function for 7yrs.

Would you care to share your experience and what you did (diet, meds, ect) So others who are in similar stages (or earlier stages) can benefit from this.

I feel your post brings hope to many here who are stressing out on how long it will take before "D day". Of course I do realize that everyone is a special/individual case and the time before "D day" might/will be different.
              I also feel all predialysis patients will appreciate your input as far as what you did to help delay getting to 20%.

Take care!!
              I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment