X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sushi Question~

Hi there all ~ *waves* ~ I'm new.

And here I go.

What kinda of sushi can I eat with this new kidney diet? I still have use of my girls, (my kidneys!) But I actually have lupus nephritis ~ And I'd like to keep eating my sushi and keep my kidneys.

I can't seem to find some good nutritional values for it?!

*So?!* Help?!
    I applied to be a superhero, they said I was overqualified.

Re: Sushi Question~

http://www.aakp.org/brochures/nutrition-counter/

Try the link above for a Nutrition Counter at the AAKP website....& Hey..we're wavin' backatya!!!!
    "a true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths.,feels your fears but forrtifies your faith,sees your anxieties but frees your spirit & recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities"

in center hemo awaiting cath placement for home PD
    Type 2 Diabetic
    Potassium/phosphate & protein restricted
    feeling stronger every day! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxreal View Post

But I actually have lupus nephritis
      I know this may be off topic but because you have Lupus Nephritis I thought of telling you about this site where I know the owner Guy and his wife Karen which Karen also has Lupus (sle):

http://slelupuskarenguy.com/
      Angie
      Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
      I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
      • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
      • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
      • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

And here I go.

What kinda of sushi can I eat with this new kidney diet? I still have use of my girls, (my kidneys!) But I actually have lupus nephritis ~ And I'd like to keep eating my sushi and keep my kidneys.

I can't seem to find some good nutritional values for it?!

*So?!* Help?!
        Hi Fauxreal , My fiance Karen has SLE Lupus. She has eaten raw clams in the past and doesn't worry about it. If she gets sick from this, she'll stop eating them but suggest if you want to eat them, why not. But you could also ask a dietitian just to see what they suggest, but some doctors might say raw fish is not good even for a normal person. It's more of a personal choice. Feel free to ask any more questions, for Karen is a 27 year survivor of lupus and would be happy to answer your concern's. Best wishes, Guy~

Here's a link you can check out on dietary for lupus:
        http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...=689&zoneid=93
        Good luck!
        http://slelupuskarenguy.com

Comment

Whoa BABY!

Thanks guys and dolls!
          I was just worried cause they have me on a renal diet. *ug*

I know to stay away from the stuff with avocados, for example. Today my mom and I went to the doctor visit and she was eating her Chicago Style Hot Dog and fries... and I faithfully brought my little lunch of a low sodium turkey sammich and a Nepro. *lol*

The food court also had a little sushi stand and all I though was ~ *gah* ~ I have to check the FORUMS! *lol!*

*dances around* ~ I'm going to go check out the site!
          I applied to be a superhero, they said I was overqualified.

Comment

Whoa BABY!

Thanks guys and dolls!
            I was just worried cause they have me on a renal diet. *ug*

I know to stay away from the stuff with avocados, for example. Today my mom and I went to the doctor visit and she was eating her Chicago Style Hot Dog and fries... and I faithfully brought my little lunch of a low sodium turkey sammich and a Nepro. *lol*

The food court also had a little sushi stand and all I though was ~ *gah* ~ I have to check the FORUMS! *lol!*

*dances around* ~ I'm going to go check out the site!
            Hi FauxReal,

I know that some sauces (forget which) that are used on asian foods contain high phosphate, so I thought I would mention that.
            Angie
            Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
            I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
            • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
            • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
            • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Some doctors might say raw fish is not good even for a normal person. It's more of a personal choice. Truck Repair

Comment