Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rice wine???

I am going to cook out today and my potassium is at a 5 so Ive been eating a few oz. of rice noodles for the past few days keeping my potassium at 200 or less but It is 90 here and everyone will be drinking liqour -I was thinking maybe I could have a glass of organic rice wine/or they call it sake...8oz has 60grams potassium...if I only eat 100-150 mg of potassium do you think it would be ok?
    ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Re: rice wine???

Just googled Saki (rice wine) 40 cal. per 1 ounce. No potassium or protein so your good to go. Enjoy!
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

hey, I'll be looking for that in the store :-) what does it taste like? but I can only have alittle bit of alcohol because it ups my bp :-(
      CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
      since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
      kidney function improved after 2 years
      presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
      diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

It tastes like crap lol but its alcohol-Im lucky I dont have a bp issue most of the time-im just happy to have something I was a big beer drinker ya just learn to be happy to get what you can once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by jenjen76 View Post
          It tastes like crap lol but its alcohol-Im lucky I dont have a bp issue most of the time-im just happy to have something I was a big beer drinker ya just learn to be happy to get what you can once in a while
          Saki can taste better served warm, put bottle in jug of hot water for a few minutes tastes better warm than cold.
          Audrey
          Kidney problems starrted 1980's when I had Saracoidosis
          Recenty started HD at my local renal u Init in Telford.Still having a few problems with my 2nd line.

Comment

If it tastes that YUCKY, why even drink it?

I'm just wondering

Stick to some nice iced cold water
            I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

I enjoy alcohol, it makes my depressing life somewhat brighter even if it's just for an hour or so..
              (you can't get a nice buzz from water...FYI) lol I know, I know, get high on life....yadda yadda....sometimes it's not all that easy to trudge thru life day after day....as everyone on this site knows all too well.
              diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Hi My name is Judy. I read your posts all the time but really never jumped in and said anything. I've been on dialysis for just alittle over 2 years. I go to Arrowhead Dialysis center in Toledo ,Ohio. I understand Patty with your depressed mood but wine doesn't make things better. I feel lucky to be alive and still walking around. Sure I miss not eating things or drinking like everyone else but you can still have a good time with your freinds and family. I'm in stage 5 with no hope of a transplant. I hope I'm not sounding like I'm preaching. Beleive me I'm not. I just read your posts and it makes me sad that you are so unhappy .Just take everything one day at a time. Some days are good and some aren't so good..I know holidays can be hard but they will always come and we have to face them the best we can. Please be happy.
                Dashound
                DASHOUND

Stage 5
                dialysis 3 times aweek at center
                type 2 diabetic
                kidneys failed in Feb of 2010
                both kidneys full of stones
                removed my right one in March of 2010

taking one day at a time

Comment

I know I dont need alcohol and mostly I dont but once in awhile its nice to be able to have a little and not feel scared about the potassium..it doesnt taste so great but I guess for me for and hr or so I feel normal I guess..I most of the time am positive tho its not been easy I still get scared easy but im a work in progress lol!!

Comment

Hi Judy, congrats on 2 yrs of dialysis! I"ll be 4 years this july. wow where did the time go...
                    anyway, I know wine doesn't make things better...nothing is going to make things better. this is as good as it gets and that's ok. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will being doing dialysis till I can't anymore. that's the plan. I am sad, not depressed. I have just the cutest 4 year old grandson who loves me (and my cookies) very much, I hope to be around for a long time to spoil him. thanks for caring!
                    diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Hi Patty. I know where you.re coming from. I can thro a pretty good pity party . Like Weds. when they came to my chair and told me I'm not a good person for a transplant then told me I needed to go to the hospital to clean my arm out . ( put the balloon thru the vein to wided it so my flow goes better.) Came home really in the dumps.Guess I'll be by your side going thru dialysis for the rest of my life too. You hang in there for that grand baby. Keep making those cookies.Thanks for the welcome.
                      Dashound
                      DASHOUND

Stage 5
                      type 2 diabetic

taking one day at a time

Comment

Ladydashound, BAD wednesday for you :-( hugs to ya
                        diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Hello everyone, I don't drink so I haven't looked into this but a tech told me that good clear rum, not flavored or spiced, is low in phos.... Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladydashound View Post
                            Hi Patty. I know where you.re coming from. I can thro a pretty good pity party . Like Weds. when they came to my chair and told me I'm not a good person for a transplant then told me I needed to go to the hospital to clean my arm out . ( put the balloon thru the vein to wided it so my flow goes better.) Came home really in the dumps.Guess I'll be by your side going thru dialysis for the rest of my life too. You hang in there for that grand baby. Keep making those cookies.Thanks for the welcome.
                            Dashound
                            (((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))
                            I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Thanks so much for the HUGS. Thurs went well but my arm was really sore and my hubby said it looked like Poppeyes arm. LOL Now it's just black and blue but working great. Thanks agin.
                              Dashound
                              DASHOUND

Stage 5
                              type 2 diabetic

taking one day at a time

Comment