Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: depression

Aw, Cicero, that's a good post! You're a wonderful cheerleader!
    Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
    *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
    High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
    ~Corrie ten Boom

Comment

I totally agree! Cicero is the greatest....and has made a huge difference in my attitude and the attitude of others on this forum. I greatly respect all of his posts and I just hope that I can keep an attitude comparable to his if/when I transition to dialysis. Cicero, your attention to others is most admirable - you get the Medal of Honor in my book.

Goldminer
      Goldminer
      CKD-Stage 2
      non-diabetic, controlled HBP
      GFR-65, Diagnosed August, 2010

Comment

Well guys thanks, but my theory is God just took my kidneys, he left the rest. So since no one will hire a 75 year old with kidney disease and since I have to have a purpose in life, this and some others like this are it.
        Just a normal human trying to earn his/her keep.
        Best regards
        Cicero
        May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
        Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
        Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
        Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
        Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present

Comment

Cicero, I love it! We should all have your attitude no matter what we are trying to live with.

Thanks so much!
          Deborah
          Spouse has Stage 2 CKD, GFR 62
          Diagnosed March 2011
          Non-diabetic, No HBP

Comment

I agree with the rest of the group, Cicero you do a FANTASTIC job!!!
            We're very lucky to have you!!
            Keep up the good work!
            Take care and God Bless!!

Marina
            I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

I feel for you JenJen. I feel depressed like you do when it comes to the eating part. I am stage 3 and my potassium is elevated so I know where you are coming from. It just gets to me when someone will say to me "oh this one time won't kill you". If I listened to them, it would kill me because they are always saying it. I have to go to a family get together tomorrow and I am making the pasta salad, I know that my sister will complain becuase it is not the pasta salad that I used to make. This is a kidney friendly receipe that I got from here, but she won't be happy with it. They say that they understand how we feel, but they really have no clue. I try to find the posiitve in everday life and I am making strides, so just hang in there JenJen and do the best that you can :-). I am so happy that I have found this website!!!!!!
              Darlene
              Pre-dialysis, polycistic kidneys, stage 3

Comment

Originally posted by Tonia View Post
                Hi jenjen, You should read some of the posts that Cicero has written. What really helps when your in a funk is to find a way to help or connect with someone else. It gives us purpose and helps put our perspective back where it belongs. And hey--you can eat a little you know! Moderation is key.
                Toni
                Well said Tonia.

Comment

Cicero - What an uplifting post that touched me!!!! God Bless You!!!! (I feel he already has!!! :-)

Comment

Thank you folks for all the information. You are such an inspiration to me in my search to help my dad.
                    Librarian
                    Father's Caregiver

Comment

Depression is mental disease. In this disease the patient feel alone and want o do suicide. To recover from this patient have to build confidence in it and I think that yoga and meditation will help them more.

Comment

Where are these lists of high/low phos? Iam actually afraid to eat!!! (new stage 3).
                        Please & thank you. nionditwo

Comment

I too am in stage three. My neph prescribed sodium bicarbonate tablets. not prescription. My level went to normal.
                          Stage 3, non diabetic GFR 37

Comment