Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white wine

I am on Peritoneal Dialysis. I 'm going to a special dinner with a friend and usually they serve wine with dinner. Can I safely drink 1 glass of wine, probably white wine. Before Dialysis I used to drink of wine with dinner about 3 times a week. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I have tried to get in touch with my Dietician all day, but to no avail. Thanks!!

Re: white wine

Originally posted by protolt4 View Post
    I am on Peritoneal Dialysis. I 'm going to a special dinner with a friend and usually they serve wine with dinner. Can I safely drink 1 glass of wine, probably white wine. Before Dialysis I used to drink of wine with dinner about 3 times a week. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I have tried to get in touch with my Dietician all day, but to no avail. Thanks!!
    protolt4, I left you a private message, look under your user name and it will indicate if you have any private messages pending (notification may appear)

Glo

Comment

Re: white wine

I have a glass of wine or a ****tail occasionally. Sometimes a beer.

Since beginning PD, the main thing I have noticed about my alcohol consumption is that it only takes about half a glass of wine before I feel the effects. Mind you, I have always had about a two drink tolerance level anyhow, but now it is about one drink.(I weigh about 130 lbs).

My docs have told me that my alcohol consumption is fine (approximately 1-2 glasses of wine, total, per week). I think you are on the right track calling your dietician. Maybe give your PD nurse a ring as well to run it by him/her.

Good luck, and have fun at your dinner!

A
      Diagnosed Stage 2 CKD (lupus) 1985
      PD March 2009-present
      On Transplant List
      Husband is a match (undecided about that for now)

Comment

I don't drink so I haven't looked into this but a tech told me that good clear rum, not flavored or spiced, is low in phos.... Just sayin... Towing Company

Comment

you should not drink even a drop of alcohol because it will affect your treatment and dialysis. io games wordle

Comment