X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malibu
    replied
    Re: Mrs Dash -----Not so great

I thought I posted this but I cannot find it so maybe I forgot to post. I called the McCormick company to ask about the potassium content of 2 of their salt free products.

Perfect Pinch Italian Salt Free Seasoning contains 13 mg potassium per 1/4 teaspoon

Perfect Pinch Salt Free All-Purpose Seasoning contains 3 mg potassium per 1/4 teaspoon. (NOTE this might still be in your grocery store without the Perfect Pinch name on it; they changed the name. The one I bought this week does not have the name Perfect Pinch on there. But it is the same product with the same amt of potassium)

Leave a comment:

• Feelinlost
    replied

Originally posted by eaglewoman View Post
    My neph told me not to use any of the fake salts, lite salts or the Dash products.

DITTO HERE....Potassium a big problem for me....

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied

That 1700 figure is for 100 grams the bottle is only 57 grams it works out to about 10 mg a serving. There are 2 numbers shown in the table the upper number is the amount per a serving the lower number is quantity per a 100 grams.

Leave a comment:

• adpadp
    replied

Originally posted by bikerchick View Post
    My doc told me to go ahead and use the Mrs. Dash, but in low quantities. Everyone is different per their diet restrictions. Some can use more while others are limited. It all depends on your situation.
    1700 potassium for 1/4 teaspoon seems bad no matter what. Are there people who can take in that much potassium just from that? Just wondering I know I would be way over my 2000mg limit, so much hidden potassium and phosphorous everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• bikerchick
    replied

My doc told me to go ahead and use the Mrs. Dash, but in low quantities. Everyone is different per their diet restrictions. Some can use more while others are limited. It all depends on your situation.

Leave a comment:

• eaglewoman
    replied

My neph told me not to use any of the fake salts, lite salts or the Dash products.

Leave a comment:

• adpadp
    started a topic Mrs Dash -----Not so great

Mrs Dash -----Not so great

I see a few people are using Mrs dash but from what on read on their fact sheet (see Link) It has upwards of 1700mg of Potassium per 1/4tsp.
    That is way to high for me. Looking for a substitution.

http://doclibrary.com/MFR457/DOC/MD_...ection2702.pdf