Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg beater Substitute

I really find diet helper a great resource. I live in France and have fun sorting out equivalents, e.g. 'snickerdoodles'.

However, many recipes call for 'Eggbeater', which is simply unheard of over here. I have used it when in the states, and tonight I used 2 eggwhites and a tiny bit of yolk mixed up with a couple of teaspoons of water. I understand the Eggbeater produce has added nutrients. Is my version sufficient? (Also, suggestions for the yolks would be good, as the eggs are collected daily from under the hens, and it's a shame to waste them)

thankyou,

Re: Egg beater Substitute

You're on the right track with just the whites. Here is what I found:
    Egg substitute products such as Egg Beaters brand, contain 99 percent egg whites. The other one percent comprises undefined “natural flavor,” coloring, spices, salt, onion powder, xanthan gum and guar gum. Many nutrients are added to make up for the ones lost from the yolk, so egg substitute will usually contain varying amounts of iron, zinc, folate, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamins A, E, B6 and B12, and have an equivalent amount of protein as whole eggs. While some brands, like Egg Beaters, contain no fat or cholesterol, others use vegetable oil as an ingredient, which adds to the fat content again—though the fat is largely unsaturated.

I cook and give the yolk to the dog. I believe her cholesterol is fine
    Diagnosed FSGS 1998
    Related Transplant 2004
    Unrelated Transplant 2009

Comment

Re: Egg beater Substitute

The great thing is Egg Beaters also has just 'Whites' and major Grocery chains carry their own brand of egg whites only.
      CKD Stage 3 GFR 34
      Non Diabetic
      Hyperlipidemia

Comment

Many nutrients are added to make up for the ones lost from the yolk, so egg substitute will usually contain varying amounts of iron, zinc, folate, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamins A, E, B6 and B12, and have an equivalent amount of protein as whole eggs. towing service Auburn

Comment