X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Helper

I need to edit the amount of sugar - how can I change that and still use the diet helper?

Re: Diet Helper

Originally posted by halberg View Post
    I need to edit the amount of sugar - how can I change that and still use the diet helper?
    Good question. I logged into see how that can be done and I can't find how things like that can be adjusted.. Hopefully someone from DaVita can advise.
    Angie
    Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
    I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
    • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
    • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
    • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Re: Diet Helper

Hi Halberg,

You can make modifications in the meals to reduce sugar and carbohydrate. For example, use sugar substitute instead of sugar; use sugar free products to replace regular sugar containing items; use fruit packed in water or unsweetened fruit juice instead of fruit in lite or heavy syrup; replace fruit juice and sweetened beverages with water, sugar-free lemonade, diet lemon-lime soda or tea sweetened with sugar substitute.

You can also delete the snacks and instead use the fruit or dessert suggested at the meal (if you also need to reduce calories).

These changes will not be reflected in the Nutrition Log. You would need to re-enter the meal ingredients under 'Add Item' after deleting the original meal from the Nutrition Log. Once you do this, you can record the nutients for the modified meal under 'My Foods/Recipes/Meals' and it will be available to select in the future without having to re-enter every item in the Nutrition Log.

I hope this helps--let me know if you have questions.
      DaVita Dietitian Sara

Comment