Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIgh Protein/Creatinine Ratio

Ok, I could use any help here I can get! I started on a new diet a few months ago b/c my GFR dropped down to 23 and my potassium was 5.5. With the help of my dietician my GFR is now 30 and my potassium is at 4.9 (yay!) BUT on my most recent blood work my protein/creatinine ratio came back at 3609 (almost double from my last lab test in January). My Creatinine, random urine was at 23 which is pretty good for kidney disease but I am freaking out at the protein/creatinine number. I have never seen a number this high on any of my tests. My doctor hasn't called me yet, she usually does if she is concerned. Does anyone know what could affect the ratio numbers? when everything else looks pretty good?

The ratio is concerning assuming the units for urine protein and urine creatinine were the same (usually mg/dl). If that is the case, this could mean a daily protein loss in the urine of about 3 grams, which is well over ten times the normal. Touch base with your nephrologist.

Veeraish Chauhan, MD, FACP, FASN
    Kidney Disease, Dialysis, Hypertension

My take on kidney disease on my blog: www.kidneydoctorbradenton.org

1) 3501 Cortez Road W Ste 104
    Bradenton, FL 34210

2) 8340 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Ste 101
    Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202

Office 941-753-1035
    Fax 941-753-1608

Comment

I went to read your blog, Dr Chauhan. I think I will try homeopathy, and will let you know how it goes. Thank you so much!

April

Comment

think I know why you get no list. Medicare and Tricare pay a flat rate and it does not matter how many supplies you get, they will be charged the same monthly rate. back glass replacement

Comment