Page Title Module
Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its always something

Jesse went to the lab today to do a urine test because his urine has been really dark lately. Truth be told, he should have done this a few weeks ago but alas he did go today and this is what it shows:

RBC, URINE HPF 4-10 0 - 3 /HPF
    WBC'S, UA/HPF 3-5 0 - 5 /HPF
    BACTERIA, URINE HPF FEW NEGATIVE
    SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELLS, URINE SED, AUTOMATED COUNT, QUAL FEW N/A
    MUCOUS, URINE SEDIMENT, AUTOMATED COUNT, QUAL PRESENT NONE
    HYALINE CASTS, URINE SEDIMENT, AUTOMATED COUNT, QUAL 0-4 0 - 4

The first set of numbers were his results and the 2nd set is the labs range.

Example RBC 4-10 but the range for the lab is 0-3.

So it appears there is blood in the urine as well as white blood cells. I'm waiting for the doctor to call him to figure out what happens next.

Do any of you have dark urine? (dialysis patients) I wonder if the urine gets darker as the GFR drops?
    Boyfriend is the renal patient:

Diabetes completely controlled with diet
    Hypertension better with the new med schedule.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Finally got the call on 12/20/2011 that he has been listed at Cedars Sinai.

Re: Its always something

Well as a fact mine is non existence. Wish I had any of any color.
    Cicero
    May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
    Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
    Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
    Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
    Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present

Comment

I'm sure Jesse will be without urine soon. He doesn't urinate nearly as much as he used to, I suppose it's only a matter of time.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Comment

My urine was dark yellow, but to my knowledge there was never any blood in it (on 24hr collection.)

Hope they find out what's going on, real soon.

Take care
        I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

I still urinate, it's not as foamy or concentrated as it used to be, I guess the PD is working well, since my urine is light yellow but I still go like a maniac sometimes, especially if I've retained fluid, then a day or two later I'll pee like I've been drinking gallons! The only time I've had dark urine was when I had a bladder infection. I hope you & Jesse can get to the bottom of this & figure out what's going on. Wishing you all the best.
          Stage 5 ESDR
          Diabetic & Hypertension
          Currently on CAPD & waiting to start CCPD!
          Diagnosed 8/4/2011 PD started 8/29/11
          2 hospitalizations in August 2011

Let go & let GOD !

Comment

Yikes Luke's is foamy but not dark. TMI I know. I hope everything gets worked out. And YES, it's ALWAYS something. Phosphorus high, potassium high/low, blood pressure high/low, on and on and on!!

Comment

Well I emailed the doctor today to ask him if he had any concerns about the urine results. He said he is still waiting for the cultures to come back which take a little longer. Other than that, he said nothing about the red blood cells or the white blood cells in his urine. So we wait............

PD as of 7/25/2011

Comment

Received and email from his doctor confirming they did find blood in his urine but no infection and wants him to do a repeat urine test prior to next neph appointment in December. That's it..

The doctor doesn't seem to worried so I guess I should just relax a bit.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Comment

Hey MetroGirl,

If it helps any, I always have blood (RBC's) and a few WBC's in my urine. Depending on the damage to one's kidneys, things make it through. Most notably anything that is similar or smaller in size (micron wise) to the crescents, proliferations, etc that one has in their damaged/diseased kidneys can be passed (found) in our urine.

RBC's 6-10 microns
                  WBC's 10-100 microns
                  Protein 3-10 microns

WBC's are not necessarily indicative of infection as we always have them in our bodies and unless the numbers are really high and a culture will grow, they may always be common in Jesse's urine now whereas it would have been considered abnormal prior to his kidney disease.
                  Create signature while not logged in, edited through forums.davita.com on 08/15/2012 @ 12:53!!!!!

Comment

Thanks hon... I figured some blood would get in there but the white blood cells naturally worried me.

I'm gonna try to just take a more laid back approach to this stuff because honestly, I don't want to stress myself out. LOL

PD as of 7/25/2011

Comment

I hope everything gets worked out. And YES, it's ALWAYS something. Phosphorus high, potassium high/low, blood pressure high/low, on and on and on. Landscape Design Chino Hills

Comment

The only time I've had dark urine was when I had a bladder infection. Lumber supply

Comment