X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery

I am considering have WLS to lose weight so I can get on the transplant list. Has anyone had WLS and if so which procedure did you have?

Loosing Weight

Originally posted by JewceaSBD View Post
    I am considering have WLS to lose weight so I can get on the transplant list. Has anyone had WLS and if so which procedure did you have?
    My sister just had the Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch procedure done around Feb this year. She has lost around 100 lbs so far. This procedure is a complete rerouting of you plumbing. I don't know how much weight you have to loose but I personally recumbent Weight Watchers at least until you make a decision. Weight loss surgeries have lifetime followup with tons of vitamins that you have to take which could be a problem with kidney disease. The lap band is the least invasive. Good luck on your decision.

Karla

Comment

I too have been considering gastric banding weight loss surgery. I am in stage four, gfr of 18, not on dialysis yet and need to lose about 100 lbs. I just got on the transplant list but have probably 3-5 years before I get one. I need to lose at least 50 lbs before surgery. I have an appt on 10-14 with a weight loss surgeon to discuss. I am wondering if anyone has had the surgery and if so, what issues did you run into with having CDK (Polycystic Kidney DIsease). DId you have any issues with insurance covering? Any issues with doctors not wanting to do surgery because of the kidney disease? I have been overweight my entire adult life and have been on the weight loss roller coster and am looking for permanent solutions. I know how to lose weight but keeping it off is always the issue. I do NOT want to hear from anyone if they believe that WLS in the "easy way out". It is not the easy way out, it's a start and a tool for staying healthy for the rest of my life.

Comment

I don't know how much weight you have to loose but I personally recumbent Weight Watchers at least until you make a decision. Redondo Beach Concrete

Comment

My dad undergo Bariatric surgery last year. These surgeries make changes to your digestive system to help you lose weight. They either limit the amount of food you can intake or reduce your ability to absorb nutrition and in some cases both.

Regards!
          Joana
          Last edited by RDSara; 10-04-2021, 10:03 AM. Reason: unrelated link

Comment

Take care.!

Comment

Working...
            X