X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr art's wife

My husband is the dialysis patient. He is very lucky. He has been given the chance to go on a "dialysis holiday". He is functioning at 25% of a normal person, but the dialysis is not making that much difference. THus the "holiday". We are keeping our fingers crossed that his labs continue to be in normal range and he doesn't have to do home dialysis again.
    I would like to say the course of his dialysis hasn't been too bad in 2 years, from a spectators viewpoint. He has been cooperative with his ordered regimen, watched his diet pretty well and not skipped treatments except on occasion.
    I would like to advise anyone on dialysis to do just that:follow dr's advice, diet, don't smoke, keep the site, equipment and home clean and uncluttered. Make a special, very clean area for the patient only. We used the top drawer of a dresser for his equipment, made sure he used mask, clean technique each time and never wavered. If we went away, he went to a private room to dialyze. He had peritonitis once in 2 yrs and we do not know what happened there.
    Dialysis patients are many times very ill, tired, depressed, frustrated, and have it rough compared to us. Give them room to vent, sleep and rest a lot. Many times, they are so tired a small chore is a big task. Understanding is hard sometimes when the caregivers have to do most everything. I have decided I still want him around at all costs. We have decided to sell our home and go to a place where maintenance is done inside and outside for us. It isn't practical for everyone to make huge changes, as some have young families, etc. Each patient's situation is unique and each family has to find what is best for them to help the patient. Some are more ill than others, depending on other diseases and complications.
    I wish you all luck and never give up hope. You never know when good news may come along.

What news to start the year with!

Congratulations, I was a 25% some 3 years before I was it 15% nad then bang. 15% was not easy to live with but as I remember 25% was just great.
    Would trade for it now, but instead I say good luck, exercise, diet correctly and maybe you can stay dialysis free until 95. Then not so bad. Happy New Year
    May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
    Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
    Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
    Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
    Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present

Comment

ART's wife is a nice lady due to the different natural traits of her personality. All the changes in the relation and resumesplanet is invoked for the mixing of the goals for humans. The surrounding is fit for the rooming for the terms. Path iodine for the character of Mr. ART's wife for future relationships.

Comment

Working...
      X