X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal Planner

It would be nice if when you select a meal, it would create a "shopping list" of the ingredients & quantities, needed to make the meal.

Hi brummettm58, thanks for reaching out! Luckily, the DaVita Diet Helper does allow you to do that! First, plan out your meals for a specific time period. Then, you can go to the Shopping List tool within the Diet Helper and select that same time frame and the meal slots you'd like to shop for (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks). Then press the blue "create" button. Then the shopping list of ingredients for those planned meals will appear!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Have a great evening!

Comment

I have used the shopping list after selecting my suggested meals and it's great! It even sorts the items by department/aisle. What I would like to see is some way to change the portion size on the recipe before adding it to the shopping list.

For example, one of the first breakfast meals I tried was the turkey sausage biscuit with honeydew (&#128077. The recipe serves one, so it calls for 3.5 oz. of ground turkey. Seriously, no one buys 3.5 oz. of ground turkey! I bought the one pound tube and multiplied all the other ingredients x5. I froze the four other patties (and the biscuits) so I could pull out one at a time.

Same with dinner meals... I'm cooking for my family, so I have to do the math every time to increase the amounts, which is not fun 🙁.

Comment

Originally posted by NanaJan View Post
        I have used the shopping list after selecting my suggested meals and it's great! It even sorts the items by department/aisle. What I would like to see is some way to change the portion size on the recipe before adding it to the shopping list.

For example, one of the first breakfast meals I tried was the turkey sausage biscuit with honeydew (&#128077. The recipe serves one, so it calls for 3.5 oz. of ground turkey. Seriously, no one buys 3.5 oz. of ground turkey! I bought the one pound tube and multiplied all the other ingredients x5. I froze the four other patties (and the biscuits) so I could pull out one at a time.

Same with dinner meals... I'm cooking for my family, so I have to do the math every time to increase the amounts, which is not fun 🙁.
        Hi NanaJan, we're happy that you've been finding the Diet Helper useful, especially the shopping list feature!

We also appreciate you sharing your feedback. In the meantime, you can search for recipes based on the number of servings. This may help you find recipes that are meant for larger groups originally so you don't have to do as much math.

Thanks, I hope that helps a bit. Happy New Year!

Comment

How do I change the planned goals? The lowest ones I could choose are far too high for what I have been prescribed.

Comment

Hi pinkbear. How high are they? Are they something you could figure out? The other thing you could try is if you go to the 'play store' for your smart phone, you can see if there is a diet app that fits your needs better. I paid $1.99 awhile ago for My Diet Coach Pro (they have a free version as well) that will help you plan meals and print a list. Just another idea ☺

Comment

So where is my Meal Plan?????????????? I can't find it!!!!!!

Comment

Diet Helper was retired in July. Check the Diet & Nutrition section to find the Food Analyzer, Dining Out Guides and more newer features. There is not a replacement for the meal planner of tracker yet.

Comment

Please bring back the meal planner!

Comment

The meal planner was so much a part of my caring for my husband before he passed. Having the daily menu with food values in front of me not only allowed me to plan for meals but relived the stress of of trying to search for menu. Now I am stage 3 and know that having the meal planner as my guide will go a long way in helping me maintain the proper balance of diet and treatment. Please reconsider making it available again.

Comment

Working...
                    X