X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking support group - formal or informal, of any size

Hi there, I'm in my early thirties and my mom just started home dialysis. From when I was about 10 years old until I was 26, my mom suffered chronic heart failure that ended in a heart transplant, thankfully. But as I'm sure you all know, the meds she's been taking after her transplant has brought her into renal failure. I share all of this because I'm still doing a lot of healing work from the complex PTSD of growing up with a parent who was chronically near death, including being present for many near-death experiences. Her kidney failure has resurfaced a lot of wounds that I thought I had healed, but alas, I'm feeling now more than ever that I need support.

I need to talk to people who've had a similar experience of growing up with a parent with a chronic terminal illness and having that still be ongoing. Does anyone share this type of experience? And/or, do you know of any virtual support groups out there that focuses on this topic?

To be clear, I don't live with my mom currently so I'm not her primary caretaker, but I do a lot of emotional caretaking remotely, and I grew up doing a lot of caretaking and was her primary caretaker in the year of her heart transplant.
    Thank you so much!
Working...
X