Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StansWife View Post
    It's pretty pricy to buy the books on CD or tape but I'm sure you can find them used on Ebay or Craig's List or Google it.
    You can actually get a lot of the audio books for free if you look.
    Sure, they might not be the new titles- but all the classic novels are usually no longer copyright and many places online i hard u can download those...

You just have to do a search in Yahoo or whereever to find the websites.

I don't buy many books as I write book reviews in return for free books....I have way more to read than time thesedays as the publishers usually send me their list of new releases that the media gets....and i pick my selections from there....

Also, my tip is there are many book publishers websites and they usually have weekly draws for copies of books.
    I have probebly gotten 15-20 books just from that this year.

Also, if you want to do surveys for free books in return check out:

www.eiu.com and click on survey panel...it is from the Economist magazine, they ship the books anywhere in the world if u do their surveys. I got 10 books last year from that mostly business and history titles.

www.eiu.com

I don't get anything for posting the link, so hope it is not considered "spammy" as I'm just trying to help people.
    You usually get a choice of 3 books and it takes about 6 weeks to come at most.
    Some are hardcover and some are not and i have given some of the free books as gifts to family and they liked the titles.

Wanted to add, to register click on the "Global executive forum" link in middle of page....

Quote Originally Posted by Mare N View Post
    I've only been to dialysis 3 X's, but it didn't take long to know it's a boring wait just sitting for 3 hours. I take a book or magazine, along with my CD player and listen to music & read to pass the first to second hour. Tired of that I go to the TV and daydream for a spell. On upcoming appointments, I have decided to take my little DVD player and catch up on some overdue movie catch up. It works so far, but remember . . . this is still new to me. I should write again in 6 - 12 months, LOL. I'm sure new things will be needed to break the boredom of those. Who knows. I'm not complaining . . . I'm overjoyed that I can do this and enjoy each day I get. Take care all.
    Mare
    Its a good idea that a clinic have net access for their patients, so they can also enjoy the freedom surfing the net. That also helps alot....

Quote Originally Posted by Gustine View Post
    Its a good idea that a clinic have net access for their patients, so they can also enjoy the freedom surfing the net. That also helps alot....
    Well,
    in Canada there is no internet acceess most of the time.

The centre has 1 phone line and to use the internet you need to use the phone line.

I used to bring my laptop and go online as no one uses the phone line....they had telephones for patients but they are all broken and they are too lazy to replace them.

Also, to go online, would most people not need a laptop or computer?

I did not think that too many people could afford laptops I could be wrong though.

Well, for those who have them, internet access is a plus. It gives the patients access to a rich list of ways to spend the time while on dialysis. I am sorry to hear that your center is so negligent in maintaining its equipment.
    To the stars through difficulty!

fortunately my dialysis center has wi-fi so i take my laptop (with mouse and headphones). i take a selection of dvd's & cd's but i've found online jigsaw and crossword sites to be the best for solving the boredom. i get totally engrossed in the puzzles and time just seems to fly by. sometimes i almost hate to see my time end when i'm close to finishing a puzzle.

If you do not have internet get a cheap DVd player and a Nexflix membership...unlimited DVDs to your house for $10? a month.

Also Nintendo DS w brain academy has good puzzles and is $100 something...

OOoh ya, video games are my BIGGEST favorite. Love the shootem ups like those classic alien arcades or the Texas Holden, hahahaha Now if you really wanna get hypnotized while dialyzing try playing Multiplayer games such as CS Source, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawagirl View Post
    If you do not have internet get a cheap DVd player and a Nexflix membership...unlimited DVDs to your house for $10? a month.

Also Nintendo DS w brain academy has good puzzles and is $100 something...

You can pick up a good late-model laptop with all the goodies (wireless, DVD player, etc.) on Ebay for $200-300.

Exclamation

If anyone is looking for a website that has fun games and also where you can earn points towards gift cards and prizes I am a member of boomertowne.com and you can earn 1,500 points a day reading articles and playing games. It is 10 points per game (once a day) and you get other points for rating jokes and quotes too.

For 300 points you can get a sunglass car clip and they have a lot of smaller prizes. But for 12,500 points you can get a Best Buy GC

I am at 10,000 points by clicking for about 30 minutes a day.
    If you get 5 refferals in 1 month you get 10,000 bonus points.
    I do not have any refferals yet...

But if anyone is interested and wants to help me out in the points dept, it would be appreciated. If not hopefully the site will entertain you!
    I am averaging 1,000 points a day and managed to get 1,500pts tonite the first time finally!
    By monday or tues I should have enough to redeem for a best buy card

Anyway, hopefully me message is not too "spammy" as I have been a member here for a while.

Imagination

I get really bored and watch the clock and the time moves slowly. So, I find myself really frustrated. So, what I do sometimes is cover my head with my blanket and imagine myself walking along the shore of some beautiful beach. Once I start imagining, it grows into a great story. I was really surprised that I could see so much in my minds eye. It made the time pass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast