Subscribe to this Thread…

pathetically slow forum

As a new member (former) I spent one day here and quit. The site server is terribly slow, too slow to tolerate and caitlyn the manager is not doing her job. The forum has way too many topics for so few members. this is why the posts on this site are all so old, you have but a few posts spread out over a hundred topics. you can't attract any members with a server this slow. Adios.

From someone who has been a member for a long time....I strongly disagree. Good luck with another site.
    Last edited by Tonia; 08-01-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Hello Tonia,

How did you improve GFR?
    Thank you so much.

Pauley

Not sure about the speed of forum, but I have been helped by just going through posts after posts. I have learned that GFR can be improved, I can be total control with my diet, my lifestyle, and how to change the world. Most of all, I have found the people who live daily and going through what I am living now.

Without this website and forum, and all members; I would have be at lost.

Thank you all members. You have given so much, giving me hope to see the better day of CKD life! Thank you with all my heart.

Pauley

Hi Pauley, I agree with you--the forum was what I needed when I was first diagnosed. And by reading the older posts, one can learn so much.

My kidney decline was acute, almost over night. With acute kidney failure some people will regain function depending upon the damage done to the kidneys. I did start taking better care of myself after the diagnosis. I got my blood pressure under control by losing weight and exercising. I was already on meds for this but losing 20 lbs. made a big difference. If I stay stable at stage 3, I will be a grateful, happy camper! If not, at least I have learned much from this forum from kind people who are willing to share their story and lend support.

Toni
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP