Subscribe to this Thread…

Hello! New To Forum

My name is Chelsea and I am 19 and have been on in-center hemo dialysis for about 4 months now. This is actually my second time being on dialysis as I originally started on PD when I was 17. Just before I turned 18 I got a transplant, which unfortunately only lasted for a little over a year. Being on hemo now, I can definitely say I like it better than PD. Maybe it's just because I'm a very outgoing person and I really like being able to talk to and get to know other people during treatments! Anyway, I am re-listed to receive another transplant so until that happens I'm just trying to balance treatments, work, and school. I'm also just trying to find some more support as being surrounded by healthy twenty-something college kids means I don't quite have anyone who can really understand what I'm going through! And I absolutely love the older folks at my treatment center, but I'm wondering if there is anyone out there around my age? I would love to hear about your experiences!

Hi, Chelsea! Welcome to the community. I'd like to introduce you to Jazz - she is an young woman around your age who is also on hemodialysis. Maybe you two can connect. http://forums.davita.com/showthread....6690#post46690

Also, I would recommend you change your profile settings to "community" instead of private so that other community members can find you and connect.

We're so glad to have you! Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Looking forward to hearing more of your story. I hope this community will be a great support to you.

Caitlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaR View Post
    My name is Chelsea and I am 19 and have been on in-center hemo dialysis for about 4 months now. This is actually my second time being on dialysis as I originally started on PD when I was 17. Just before I turned 18 I got a transplant, which unfortunately only lasted for a little over a year. Being on hemo now, I can definitely say I like it better than PD. Maybe it's just because I'm a very outgoing person and I really like being able to talk to and get to know other people during treatments! Anyway, I am re-listed to receive another transplant so until that happens I'm just trying to balance treatments, work, and school. I'm also just trying to find some more support as being surrounded by healthy twenty-something college kids means I don't quite have anyone who can really understand what I'm going through! And I absolutely love the older folks at my treatment center, but I'm wondering if there is anyone out there around my age? I would love to hear about your experiences!

Hi Chelsea! How are you? I am Jazz. Hope you are feeling much better.

Hello! I'm Rick and I live in Mission Hills, California. I've been on peritoneal dialysis since 2011. I'm married and have three adult children. My first grandson was born about a month ago. I would like to start a dialysis support group in the Valley. Anyone interested? Contact me!!! Rick