Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi, everyone!

Hi, Cellie! I hope you are doing well. I hope the community has been able to give you support. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellie View Post
    Hi. I am new to the community but not davita. I have been doing Home hemo
    For 6 years now. The last two years have been really hard and I am reaching out for any type of extra support I can get right now. . This is my email address and any conversations or any interesting and intelligent advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. p.cellie@yahoo.com

Hi there! Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing. Hopefully you're having a better start to the week!

Quote Originally Posted by usasavn View Post
    Hi. For first time I can ever remember since being ESRD I am feeling very depressed...can't seem to shake it. My history: Kidneys stopped working in 1993; did PD for 3 1/2 years; got a transplant which lasted almost 14 years; lost it due to pneumonia;have been on hemodialysis for the last 2 1/2 years;
    am on the transplant list in Georgia; no history of diabetes.
    Today was not a good run on dialysis. I am feeling empty and blue. Any suggestions?

hello! I have been on dialysis for about 10 months and getting ready to move to Houston TX. Looking for input from other patients in dialysis centers in zip code 77091 or 77092.
    Really looking forward to this move to be closer to family!

I am Margaret and new to Davita. It took over three years to get a Stage 1 Kidney Disease diagnosis. I am happy to be in the early stages but also would like to know if possible to stay at stage 1... through diet, exercise??? I also have an autoimmune disease - no name... it was explained to me that my blood work indicates autoimmune but my symptoms do not. I keep reading about protein and keeping low intake and also potassium but I take potassium daily, should I stop? Any advice will be appreciated. Oh and by the way I am from Biloxi Mississippi.

Hi Margaret and Welcome to Davita! it is indeed possible to stabilize CKD. For me it was through diet mostly and keeping my blood pressure within range. It worked for a while but then my kidneys suddenly failed after a stroke. Since eveyone is different, your best bet is talking with a nephrologist.

My nephrologist is great but his concern right now is my blood pressure which I am happy to say has been stabilized for 3 weeks. Yay! May I ask what type of diet you followed, nathomps?

I am donna and my job is to care for my kids and hubby who is on dialysis. oh yeah and to work too. i am tireda nd uneducated in human dialysis, animals are a different story. overwhelmed is putting it mildly.

Hello. I'm new today. Just starting. This is how I feel. I have had polysystic kidneys since birth. Found out about it when I was 25 and now I am 64 and was just told my my doc that my kidney disease has reached level 3. I guess doctors don't tell you much until it's really really bad. Now that I have been told - some of my systems I realize of course are due to my kidneys. Right now I am going thru a terrible itching stage. It feels like I'm getting stung by bees. Just comes and goes with no warning. I am so down about it - scared. Don't feel good and am tired and anxious all the time. Are these normal systems to have with stage 3?

Hi I'm Tiffanie,

I've had kidney problems all my life. I was put on the transplant list August 2012, I had my fistula placed in Feb and I'm trying to hold off on dialysis because I feel fine.

Hi everyone my name is Kevin. I have kidney disease and have been on dialysis for 10 years. I am still waiting for a transplant/ Do not really have anyone to talk to @ this kind of stuff so here goes nuthin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast