Subscribe to this Thread…

Treatment at the clinic

I have been on dialysis for almost 2 yrs and ever since my diagnosis I have had the most horrible experience w the first few nephrologists and now staff at the clinic I go to receive treatment! At first I had a bit of a hard time accepting my ESRD but I'm good w it now but the other baggage it comes with is what gets me! The clinic I go to the staff there are extremely unprofessional and are so not very welcoming esp the so called lead tech ... She has several followers who seem to worship her & her nasty arrogant attitude! I've voiced my concerns to the FA there but I'm not supposed to know what course of action he's taking to correct the situation! In the meanwhile the tech staff talk about patients and how much the tech staff can't stand some patients which I'm probably one of them cos I've complained about certain techs! I want to be treated like a patient esp with what others and myself are going thru w dialysis but to these techs it seems they don't care cos some of the remarks I've heard is "well it's not my arm so it doesn't matter to me" and just the aggravation of dealing w these careless individuals really sickens me! If I'm speaking w my nurse coordinator the techs are so trying to listen to our conversations as if they're the ones I'm speaking with! Staff are highly nosey and patient care/privacy is NOT honored bcos they will ask the nurse what our conversation was about! Like wtf?! I've not seen so many highly insecure and extremely nosey ppl as I've seen at this clinic! The lead tech practices this clicky click as if she's still in high school! I'm looking into a transfer elsewhere but I might not get the shift I have now! I've gone thru hell and back and still there w these folks and hoping to find that peace I so deserve and not the animosity I endure while there! Since I've complained several of the tech staff do not speak to me anymore but it's ok cos I'm not there to be their friend - they're there to do their job and hoping they do it well which some don't! I just pray these horrible ppl will find a job that is not in healthcare bcos it takes someone really special to care for patients/people w/o taking stuff personally! They need to act their age not their shoe size! Afterall I'm the patient not them!!!!

Sorry that you are going through this. I have read similiar stories and am thankful I have a facility that is opposite of this. Is there another unit close by that you could go to?

I too wish you can find a place that is nicer. In my unit they ask if I need anything and will help as much as possible. They have even helped create a buttonhole because of the difficulties I have had with the fistula being deep and they would come over each time in the three months and three fistulagrams trying to problem solve what was not working between it and the machine. It was a deep fistula with a lot of scar tissue pushing it future down. They even set me up with another vascular doctor who did the transposition where I have had no problems since the end of Feb. They make sure I have the tv where I can reach it, they place the pillow under my knee and a blanket over me. If I get chilled and they see me shaking they put the blanket up to the shoulder and neck Then ask if there is anything else they can do. The techs are always working and checking on us. What I see is one nurse is not as helpful and is on the computer more. At first I thought she was on records and documentation but then one day, I was in a chair and could see the screen. A shopping network. That one nurse is the only one that I hear complains on from the techs. The other nurses help out with us which I really like. So when I go in and the one nurse is on, I know that there might be some delays in being taken off . Not bad though because she is only on one night a week. She usually leaves at the beginning of my shift.

Hi, Estella! I'm so sorry about the issues you're having with your clinic. May I ask, are you a DaVita patient? If so, I can give you a Guest Services number to call and I can bring the matter to Guest Services personally as well.

Hope you're having a good start to the week!

Quote Originally Posted by EstellaV521 View Post
    I have been on dialysis for almost 2 yrs and ever since my diagnosis I have had the most horrible experience w the first few nephrologists and now staff at the clinic I go to receive treatment! At first I had a bit of a hard time accepting my ESRD but I'm good w it now but the other baggage it comes with is what gets me! The clinic I go to the staff there are extremely unprofessional and are so not very welcoming esp the so called lead tech ... She has several followers who seem to worship her & her nasty arrogant attitude! I've voiced my concerns to the FA there but I'm not supposed to know what course of action he's taking to correct the situation! In the meanwhile the tech staff talk about patients and how much the tech staff can't stand some patients which I'm probably one of them cos I've complained about certain techs! I want to be treated like a patient esp with what others and myself are going thru w dialysis but to these techs it seems they don't care cos some of the remarks I've heard is "well it's not my arm so it doesn't matter to me" and just the aggravation of dealing w these careless individuals really sickens me! If I'm speaking w my nurse coordinator the techs are so trying to listen to our conversations as if they're the ones I'm speaking with! Staff are highly nosey and patient care/privacy is NOT honored bcos they will ask the nurse what our conversation was about! Like wtf?! I've not seen so many highly insecure and extremely nosey ppl as I've seen at this clinic! The lead tech practices this clicky click as if she's still in high school! I'm looking into a transfer elsewhere but I might not get the shift I have now! I've gone thru hell and back and still there w these folks and hoping to find that peace I so deserve and not the animosity I endure while there! Since I've complained several of the tech staff do not speak to me anymore but it's ok cos I'm not there to be their friend - they're there to do their job and hoping they do it well which some don't! I just pray these horrible ppl will find a job that is not in healthcare bcos it takes someone really special to care for patients/people w/o taking stuff personally! They need to act their age not their shoe size! Afterall I'm the patient not them!!!!

So sorry you are experiencing this problem at your clinic. A patient should never be made to feel like they are in the way or that their feelings don't matter. If you are at a DaVita clinic,please call Gyest Services and register a complaint or call your state licensing board. Dialysis clinics are highly regulated under federal and state regs.I have to be honest...my in-center experience is a 360 degree from yours.Our nurses and techs are some of the kindest,friendliest people you would ever want sticking you with big needles. They are helpful...packing our tote bags...getting us drinks....special snacks on holidays.....being as gentle as possible when sticking....talking about anything. They are not just nurses/techs but our friends. After all,we spend more time with them then we do our own families. That is why it is ssuch a shame that your clinic is not a good one. I hope you can either transfer or that your clinic gets better.

I'm not happy with the way my section is treated. We have four stations in the clinic and seems that our station is the only one without a stable tech. Every time a new tech some into the clinic they always put in our station and half don't know how to stick me.

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your clinic. Is it a DaVita clinic? If so, I can reach out to Guest Services on your behalf. I will just need the name of your clinic. Or you are always welcome to reach out to Guest Services yourself at 1-800-400-8331.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald51562 View Post
    I'm not happy with the way my section is treated. We have four stations in the clinic and seems that our station is the only one without a stable tech. Every time a new tech some into the clinic they always put in our station and half don't know how to stick me.