Subscribe to this Thread…

Thread: Question?

Question Question?

I have not yet gotten in to see a nephrologist. I am wodering if anyone else has had problems with belching after eating a meal? This is something that just started with me and I wondered if it was because of CKD or maybe there is some other problem going on simultaneously.

Is there a phone # for complaints about a Davita center.

Digestive system issues is common with CKD. My neph prescribed me Omerprazole 40 MG. Works like a charm.

Rosanne F-Omerprazole 40 mg is great. Don't let the nurses at the center tell you, it is the same as the stuff you can buy over the counter. When I asked the doctor for a refill, one nurse told me that.
    Then after the doctor said I would get the prescription she came back to me to tell me that again. I told her they do not have over the counter Prilosec in a capsule. She started to argue and I told her to call the pharmacy and check on it(I had already checked that out since she told me that the month before.). Soon she was back to tell me my prescription would be filled. She has said nothing else since. Something on the coating of the Prilosec irritates the lining of my stomach. It also does not work as well.
    Yes, food will bother you before dialysis and if you are not eating what the dietician recommends you will have problems after you start dialysis , The nurse I mentioned was at the dialysis center.

Thank you so much for the information. I am sure it will prove very helpful.

Kcramer thank you for reply to my question. I am sure it will prove helpful.

I take Omerprazole 40 mg twice a day. It says it is a generic for protonix

dicknh..I knew that but it has everything to do with it being in a capsule instead of a pill. It also works better for me.

Another question/s:
    As I posted earlier in one of the other threads, I've been diagnosed with stage 3 CKD. I don't go back for 6 months for another lab. Shouldn't the Drs. be looking what is causing the problem during these 6 months? I do not have high blood pressure nor am I diabetic. Also I have read a lot about getting a nutritionist involved. Should this be something my Dr. should have told me and how does one find a good nutritionist?

Hi, setfree! Sounds like you're being very proactive, and that's the best thing you can do for your kidney health. Way to go! Yes, finding a renal dietitian may be a good option for you. Your nephrologist may be able to refer you to one.

Have you taken a Kidney Smart class yet? These are great, no-cost options to educate yourself about the different stages of kidney disease, treatment options, and diet information. You can find one near you here: http://www.davita.com/services/find-...ta_edu_classes

DaVita Diet Helper is a great tool to easily manage your kidney diet and track your nutrition goals. It also contains tons of recipes that are both kidney-friendly and delicious. http://www.davita.com/rescueyourdiet

I hope that helps! Thanks for reaching out to the community.