Subscribe to this Thread…

Thread: Sleeping Issue

Unhappy Sleeping Issue

Hello Everyone,

I am kind of stressed out with my husband having hard time sleeping. My husband has been in dialysis since 5-2012 started with hemo and now is on PD every night. Since starting dialysis my husband has a hard time sleeping to the point of asking his doctor for something to help him sleep. My husband was prescribed Ambien but still getting up not such much but at least one to two times at night.

I want to know if anyone has good hints about been able to sleep with someone who wakes up every few hours? Hints for my husband or myself. I wish we had a extra bedroom but we live in 1 bedroom apartment which means I sleep A LOT in my sofa due to my husband getting up every night and I have to work two jobs (full time and part time job). I am very desperate.

Thank you, Jessica

Hi Jessica,
    Just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. My husband hasn't had a full nights sleep in 4 years. It is very disruptive for me and what I finally did since he doesn't work and I do is I went to the Dr. and got something so that I could sleep through his getting up at all hours of the night. It had started to effect my health and performance on the job. I now sleep peacefully through the night and awake only if he absolutely needs me. You may want to try this. If nothing else taking a benadryl before you go to bed is usually sufficient to ensure a good nights sleep.
    I hope you find a solution that fits your needs. Sleeplessness seems to be part of dialysis and unless you get a bigger place you need to find a way for you to get more sleep in your own bed. Good Luck.

Thank you very much for the information. It nice to know I am not alone. I will try to drink some tea or melatomin. At the beginning I will be so tired I will sleep with anything but lately have been having so much trouble sleeping.

Once again-thank you for the information.