Subscribe to this Thread…

Thread: Drain Pain

Drain Pain

I just started PD with a home cycler on 2/1/14. when draining I am having excrusiating pain in my "female parts". I had a CT scan that showed the cath is laying directly on top of my uterus. I saw the surgeon today & he is going to go in again & try to move it...Has anyone else had this issue?

EXTREME PAIN in the femaie parts. I was waking everyone up in the house w my screaming. if I could dig out the pain I would. I finally asked the nurse for tramadol but it is not working

I need help with paper tape that sticks to the skin and pulls off skin. I tried taking the tape off in the am even though told to keep the tape on for 24 hours. Either way, the tape sticks. I have tried water and Vit E cream.

Try a skin sealant in the area you have to apply the tape. Hollister makes one that isn't too expensive.... You can find it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Hollister-7917.../dp/B0016LGCXQ
    I have tried several others including some home remedies with little success. You can also switch tapes. But the ones that don't tare your skin are expensive.

SJ

sjparikin....Thank you. here are a few other solutions from another site. They responsed real fast and have good ideas too.

1) All the tape bothers me as well. I actually use sports wrap like an Ace bandage. I use a small piece of tape across the butterflies then wrap semi snuggly. It has worked for 8 years for me with no problems. I am very careful not to move my arm much during treatment. Also a tip for pulling of tap is to have the tabs on the "inside" of arm and pull away from you. It is less painful.

2) To get tape residue off I use coconut oil. Just put it on and start rubbing. I also use a skin prep wipe before I use tape on my skin or I'll have welts by the end of treatment. The no sting barrier film by cavilon works best for me. I have to buy it myself but it's totally worth it to me. I can usually find a good deal on eBay! If not amazon usually has it for 10-12 bucks a box and they come in a box of 25.

3) They make an orange scent tape removed it comes in little packs like alcohol wipes. Any nurse should know what the name is. I had a friend give me a box after Mikes bypass because we could not get a tape and glue off his skin

4) I put tabs on mine for that reason. Always hurts when the gauze pulls on the scabs. ouch. ..

5) We use foam tape the adhesive doesn't grab the skin

I am new to PD and I have had extreme pain on every single drain. Feels like something is scratching nails on my lower abdomen in groin and bladder areas. I was told several things like constipation. But I go twice a day. Also positioning of my body. The only position I have not tried is standing on my head. I am about to reside myself to the fact that I may never sleep again. :-(

Have you tried closing down the valve on your transfer set?
    Also raising the machine six inches will also cut down on the suction of the machine.
    I am also having extreme drain pain. still trying different things.
    Your PD nurse can possibly change the prescription on your machine.
    I had to temporarily go back manual exchanges for a while,but I am not giving up on the cycler.