Subscribe to this Thread…

forced fluid limits

The dialysis center I go to forces all patients to restrict fluids even if they dont have to normally. No coffee, no tea or hot water while you are running and only one small cup of ice or water. This is for the whole floor for every run.
    Whats going on? Did I lose my rights to make my own health care choices? I most certainly lost any comfort to the dialysis procedure. These fluid restrictions on me have not been ordered by my Dr.
    What gives the manager the right to do that.
    How long before the management wants into my house to inspect my food choices?
    Thats what it seems like its coming to.
    BEWARE! !

I hear you. That's not right. They can suggest, but NEVER restrict. Patient rights go a long way. Good luck and don't be afraid to give them hell. Remember, you and your insurance are paying them.

I just started dialysis and I am on a restriction of a quart and a half of fluids per day.

Because I do Home hemo the weight is kept carefully between 49-50 k. Some days more fluid needs t be removed some days less.
    I would certainly voice my concerns with that center and ask them about suggesting rather than telling. You are right in that you should be able to determine how you will handle this disease, but there might be a lohical reason for them making these restrictions
    Do not lose heart, people really do care about you. bI will pray for you to resolve this issue. May God Almighty grant you peace and a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Hoofpkr

I'm not on dialsys but have a restriction already. Not sure what 45 fluid oz is in cc's but it's not a lot. This is very difficult to do, i'm just saying.