Subscribe to this Thread…

Question chest cramp or pain during dialysis session

my hubby has been on dialysis for 2 years . he very often gets cramps during his sessions usually in his arms or legs today however he had pain in his arms and legs and then in his chest he told them and they checked him out took his BP and stuff and said not to worry about it but if they continue to go to the er .he is napping now which he usually has to do when he gets home from his session and the pain went away I guess my question is is it common for chest cramping from what i can see online its common for legs arms stuff like that to cramp but what about the heart area .

Hi Mrs. Brown,
    I do PD at home. Until about a month ago I would have excruciating chest and shoulder pain every night. I found out that the cause was air in the lines that was getting caught inside me and pooling up in the upper cavities of my body. Double priming my machine has taken care of the issue. I don't know if the issue is the same for in-clinic dialysis but I know the pain he goes through and I hope this helps.

im not sure whether its the same with home and in center . he is going to try to get in touch with his nephrologist and see if he can talk to him . he has been cramping up alot lately and feeling terrible after dialysis lately . thinking maybe something needs to be adjusted or something the chest pain was just scary . he is feeling sore but it seems like its more in the chest wall area rather then the actual heart area

I have renal kidney failure and right lately..I was on dialysis and I began to hurt in my back....Now, I have made two trips to the ER and had to get pain shots.Is any one having that problem...I just been on dialysis since 8/02/13/Thanks for any information...

He will be ok I get cramps all the time everywhere in my rib cage area so I can't breath I been on dialysis for 20 years they may be trying to take off to much fluid you get up to 3 or more it is tuff just 2.3 and if he cramps turn off the machine and have they give him saline watch no salt at all

I agree with Mrs. Brown thinking perhaps something requirements to be balanced or something the midsection ache was simply startling. He is feeling sore however it appears as though its all the more in the midsection divider zone rather than the genuine heart region

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer07 View Post
    I agree with Mrs. Brown thinking perhaps something requirements to be balanced or something the midsection ache was simply startling. He is feeling sore however it appears as though its all the more in the midsection divider zone rather than the genuine heart region
    Is English your second language, or are you just drunk?