Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I knew something was up but put it off until it was too late. Went to the doctors on Valentine's Day this year because I felt like crap and had swollen legs. I could actually feel my blood pressure was high (I could hear it in my ears). Turns out it was high enough to be well in the stroke range so they sent me to the hospital. I was on dialysis about an hour later. My Creatinine level was just over 20 and the BU? was over 200. They told me the numbers were crazy high (second highest the hospital has ever seen) and I shouldn't have been able to walk into the building. So now the machines keep me alive, 3 times a week...

Sounds like me. I was always in good health.Also "cause unknown". First felt tired a lot and started feeling nauseous a lot too. After a couple of visits my dumb family doctor finally figured out I had kidney failure and sent me to ER for dialysis. I almost died from all the toxins in me. That was in the early '90s. Did peritoneal dialysis for 3 1/2 yrs, got a cadaver kidney in '97. It lasted about 14 yrs. Great years of normal life. Got pneumonia in the Spring of 2011 and lost my transplant. I am back on dialysis...hemo, this time. I like talking to the staff and patients in my center. We learn from each other and they fulfill my life. There are some great people in your center. Don't be afraid to open up to them and share your feelings and concerns and they will come around and start talking. Tell them about yourself. If they can't deal with it...move on to the next person.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123