Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lab Results

I am subscribed to this thread and I have setup and I am now getting email notifications when new posts are added to this thread.
    I am still not receiving email notifications when actual Lab Results are updated/added.
    What is the word from the powers to be (Help Desk Support / Customer Service folks / Developers / etc.) about fixing this Lab Results email notification?

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlynAtDaVita View Post
    You are welcome! In order to receive e-mail notifications, you simply need to click the yellow box at the top of this forum thread that says "Subscribe to This Thread." Thank you again, and I hope that we can get your health portal issues resolved asap.

thats the complaint i had since the beginning. kept telling the clinic i wanted to see my full report and they kept forgetting.
    switched to pd and asked, now I get them. Its my blood, my body, I deserve to know what everything says and being done.

fix it

why do we have this section of the forums? it takes way to long to see changes if ever?

Hi, junkxstuff2. I checked with our developed yesterday and he was actively working on your Health Portal account and hopes to have a resolution very soon. Thanks again for your continued patience and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
    Quote Originally Posted by junkxstuff2 View Post
    I am subscribed to this thread and I have setup and I am now getting email notifications when new posts are added to this thread.
    I am still not receiving email notifications when actual Lab Results are updated/added.
    What is the word from the powers to be (Help Desk Support / Customer Service folks / Developers / etc.) about fixing this Lab Results email notification?

This is from a post in another forum: (If you could get this to the developer, it may add some logic to their debugging)

Lab Results email notification problem?
    NOTE:
    Under the Lab Results, there seems to be at least 3 different updates being made.
    1. Every time dialysis is performed (at the local DaVita dialysis facility in PA), there is an update made (by the dialysis team at the local DaVita dialysis facility staff) with beginning and ending weight and other vitals. No Email Notification is being triggered / sent when this update is made to the Lab Results!
    2. At least Twice a month, the Hemoglobin number is updated / posted. I don't know who is updating the Lab Results with this Hemoglobin number. No Email Notification is being triggered / sent when this update is made to the Lab Results!
    3. Once a month (the 1st Thursday of the first full week of the month), the majority of the Lab Result numbers are updated / posted. I don't know who is updating the Lab Results with these numbers, but I think it is the DaVita lab techs in Florida. No Email Notification is being triggered / sent when these updates are made to the Lab Results!
    4. Three previous entries of the PTH Intact number were made (12/09/2014, 02/05/2015, 03/12/2015). It is my only RED number, so this is an important entry in my Lab Results report. Has this number stopped being tracked? I don't know who is updating the Lab Results with this number or if it is still being tracked. Is it or should it be the DaVita lab techs in Florida or someone in PA. No Email Notification is being triggered / sent when this update is made to the Lab Results!
    I hope these details help someone figure this 2 month old problem out.
    I am counting on you.

Thanks again for your help in interfacing with the developers since they will not call me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlynAtDaVita View Post
    Hi, junkxstuff2. I checked with our developed yesterday and he was actively working on your Health Portal account and hopes to have a resolution very soon. Thanks again for your continued patience and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I don't know what "pd" stands for. "switched to pd and asked"

I get my full lab report Faxed to me every month, but if it is available online, or via "PD", I will try that.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyblyn33 View Post
    thats the complaint i had since the beginning. kept telling the clinic i wanted to see my full report and they kept forgetting.
    switched to pd and asked, now I get them. Its my blood, my body, I deserve to know what everything says and being done.

fix it

About Lab reports: I like my center because each month I am handed a graph showing 5 months of levels for blood work and a report for that months blood work. The dietician hands it to me and discusses any needs I have or tells me to try something else. I am very please with this. I don't have to go on line and I have a paper to take with me to dr.s so I don't have to have repeated testing. Then the doctor comes around to talk about the blood work or anything else that I might be having a problem with including complains or concerns I have at the center. It is taken care of asap. . I feel well taken care of.

So you don't have to fight the DaVita website for their version of the "Lab Results" report they publish under the "Health Portal".
    You are very lucky. You get paper in hand and know your complete status and have an easy reference whenever you need it.
    Maybe that is the same boat everyone else is in and I am fighting the DaVita Health Portal Lab Results battle for nothing.
    Anyone else care to chime in here?
    I think what is happening in your case is the way to go.
    Going Green is a great concept, but having an un-Green piece of paper in your hand, especially when you are dealing with something as important as your health, gives a person a level of stress-free power that can contribute to a person's overall wellbeing.
    Your center should be commended and held up as an example for the other centers to follow, in my opinion.
    Thanks for contributing to this thread and sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kcramer View Post
    About Lab reports: I like my center because each month I am handed a graph showing 5 months of levels for blood work and a report for that months blood work. The dietician hands it to me and discusses any needs I have or tells me to try something else. I am very please with this. I don't have to go on line and I have a paper to take with me to dr.s so I don't have to have repeated testing. Then the doctor comes around to talk about the blood work or anything else that I might be having a problem with including complains or concerns I have at the center. It is taken care of asap. . I feel well taken care of.

I don't have a fax machine. I see many other doctors due to my other illnesses. PD is peritoneal dialysis.
    The reason I want me full lab work is for a couple reasons.
    1. Davita doesn't show the full lab workup. I like to know if I'm a little low or higher on something so I know what to cut back on or increase.
    2. All other doctors don't have access to davita's labs and if I have a copy in hand, I can provide them with it so tests aren't being repeated.
    3. Davita is not an expert on medications. Because I also take transplant medications, I insist on know what I can and cannot take and blood
    levels can show that somewhat or what is or might be happening. That was my other complaint. nobody at the dialysis center would ever tell
    me what they were giving me. Just give it unknowingly and move on.

What I don't understand is this is medical care people. why do I have to ask for everything, why does it take so long to make changes.

Oh and CaitlynAtDaVita... are you a real person? I sent you a private message about 4 months ago and never heard from you.
    Way to be a leader and involved....

I set up an account for my father and everything works EXCEPT the Lab Results section. It keeps saying that the page has moved and no longer exists. I've tried to access it from different computers and am confronted with the same result. I emailed the "Contact Us" section of the Health Portal to report an issue, included all the info they request including the URL and have yet to get a response! A customer service rep I spoke to said there was no mechanism in place for her to call them, but she sent them an email on my behalf. This is awfully frustrating, as he lives 400 miles away and in an assisted living facility. This is the only true visibility I have with regard to his health status on dialysis - which he started 2 weeks ago. Any advice?!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast